Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

37 minutes ago, William said:

Can we start s countdown clock to let us know when this tank is a year old.... future #totm 

Thanks @William!  I appreciate it.  Still got a lot to add and grow tho to get this tank in prime shape.  💪

• Like 2
5 hours ago, xM3THODx said:

That's a proper Caribbean reef! So crisp and clean!

Thanks!  I wasn't even trying to go for a Caribbean reef, but it does look like it's ending up there.  Lol. 

• Haha 1

Workin' it for the camera... poor thing probably just needed some change for college... All this to promote a duncan coral anyone interested would already buy, what are we coming to... For shame.
That last shot is beautiful by-the-way. (and you just had to call it a photo shoot <___>)

• Haha 4
14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Nemo photo shoot!

IMG_20190922_161123_345.thumb.jpg.e006218db318278acae1c8a003de47ed.jpg

IMG_20190922_183606_268.thumb.jpg.ffd86d1aec9ae906ba9d4cccc3eda1e5.jpg

IMG_20190922_161639_362.thumb.jpg.54e5d95b3232c75ab77905cfbc60a992.jpg

Dang that is a beautiful gorgonian in the background! 😍💕

Oh yeah cool fish too. And shrimp, I guess. Not that I'm biased or anything. 🙄🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

How are your mangroves doing?

Surprisingly they seem to be doing OK despite not adding supplemental lights yet.  New growth and the leaves look full.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Surprisingly they seem to be doing OK despite not adding supplemental lights yet.  New growth and the leaves look full.

Have you been misting them with RO water? I read that that is supposed to help, but maybe it's only important in more mature plants. 

Just now, billygoat said:

Have you been misting them with RO water? I read that that is supposed to help, but maybe it's only important in more mature plants. 

Yup.  Every other day or so with RO water.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How is the maintenance on mangroves? Do they help with nutrient export? 

My understanding is they don't export much.  And I have a ton of macroalgae in here already.  I just water them with RO water a few times a week.  That's it.  If you want to see real growth, need to add some dedicated grow lights above them.  Something I haven't gotten around to doing yet, but I have still seen some growth on these mangroves (i.e., new leaves).  They sure are pretty though.  :)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Gorgeous shot, that Hermit looks a little taken aback 

Lol. He really does!  And thanks! 

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

great pic!

Thank you!  Love the splashes of green that the halimeda adds to the tank (tho I guess I have a lot of splashes of green in here even without the halimeda).

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

My understanding is they don't export much.  And I have a ton of macroalgae in here already.  I just water them with RO water a few times a week.  That's it.  If you want to see real growth, need to add some dedicated grow lights above them.  Something I haven't gotten around to doing yet, but I have still seen some growth on these mangroves (i.e., new leaves).  They sure are pretty though.  :)

Man you got me thinking about doing something like that in my water box. It looks pretty awesome. :smilie:

38 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Halimeda shot.  

IMG_20191002_054949_755.thumb.jpg.509bbc985f5f2d1d584722237941668f.jpg

You take the most amazing pics my friend. I am so envious of the photography that people have. My pics look like garbage :lol:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Man you got me thinking about doing something like that in my water box. It looks pretty awesome. :smilie:

Do it, am going to do this on my 34 😄

Be interesting to see them in Saltwater (Previously Brackish) hopefully slower growth

• Like 2