Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

Look at those polyps! And only 2 days in the tank! That's a pretty good sign. Give it a week and it will be hairy as hell. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
12 hours ago, billygoat said:

Look at those polyps! And only 2 days in the tank! That's a pretty good sign. Give it a week and it will be hairy as hell. 🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to it!  And thanks for all the help with the gorgs in this thread and over DM.

• Like 1

Amazing! I love the look so far. That purple plume gorgonian looks super duper happy. It's a great sign that it has such good polyp extension already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Amazing! I love the look so far. That purple plume gorgonian looks super duper happy. It's a great sign that it has such good polyp extension already.

Thank you!  Pretty happy with the gorgs and macroalgae so far.  Thanks again for all your tips!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

Brought a smile to my face today. 

Love seeing the light over your tank. Its like old times!

The light looks great over this tank!  Get a lot of compliments about the light over on IG.  :)

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I really like how this tank looks. It doesn't look like a new tank any more to me. It looks more grown in already. Nice job. 

Thank you!  Hoping to have a more natural looking tank for this one (versus my pico which looks completely unnatural :lol:).

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

So what other corals live in deserts? 🤔😅

What if you just stock the tank with a huge assortment of different colors and varieties of Pavona? Just massive densities of cactus coral. And call it Tigah's 20g Cactus Garden. 😂

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, billygoat said:

What if you just stock the tank with a huge assortment of different colors and varieties of Pavona? Just massive densities of cactus coral. And call it Tigah's 20g Cactus Garden. 😂

I like it.  Or maybe Tigahboy's Potato Chip Coral Kingdom.  Either way, at least I'd finally have a catchy title.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, Tigahboy said:

Glued everything down and got the macros where I want em now. 

IMG_20190804_204202_357.thumb.jpg.c4165c4bb84e357fdaf9d88cb5eaad1e.jpg

I just read all 16 pages lol. Not a lot going on at work right now:lol:. Tank looks really good. I love the gorgs and macros. Those are going to be my next purchases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I just read all 16 pages lol. Not a lot going on at work right now:lol:. Tank looks really good. I love the gorgs and macros. Those are going to be my next purchases.

Thank you!  I highly recommend getting a photosynthetic gorg or two (or three or four or five).  They add instant vertical and have beautiful shapes.   The purple plume has been thriving from day one.  I did lose 1 of the 3 frags of the orange one (that one started to go downhill almost immediately after adding it to the tank), but the other 2 pieces have been solid.

I'm still learning how to keep macro happy.  I'm not good with macro, so curious to see how these do in this tank.   So far the palm caulerpa seems to be doing the best and has sprouted new palms already.  

• Like 1