Cultivated Reef

Yellow Clown Goby tearing off tentacles of Duncan!

saltyandspooky

saltyandspooky

I got this yellow clown goby 5 days ago and it’s the most interesting beautiful little fish! Loves frozen mysis is such a pig. Today to my horror, he went up to my Duncan and proceeded to rip off tentacles and spit them out. Now my gorgeous Duncan is all shriveled up and has lost a ton of tentacles. Not sure if there’s any way to stop it from killing my Duncan, and if it goes after my hammers there will be an issue. I’m so so sad as I love this fish but can’t have him killing all my corals 😕

can anyone help? I may take him to my LFS tomorrow but I will be super sad.

Humblefish

Gobies and Blennies can be unpredictable when it comes to nipping. Once it starts, best to just rehome the fish if you value your corals.

saltyandspooky
16 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Gobies and Blennies can be unpredictable when it comes to nipping. Once it starts, best to just rehome the fish if you value your corals.

Yep I am super sad because I love his little personality! Going to take him to my LFS to donate and hope mr Terminator finds a new home. That is if I can catch him lol

Humblefish
1 hour ago, Cam_bo said:

Yep I am super sad because I love his little personality! Going to take him to my LFS to donate and hope mr Terminator finds a new home. That is if I can catch him lol

Bottle trap

images.jpeg.05224dcd9d607c8f0da9208bf7d44211.jpeg