Jump to content
Krish87

XP Aqua Duetto ATO - Warranty Claim | How to Engage Support?

Recommended Posts

Krish87

Folks,

 

For those of you who own the XP Aqua Duetto ATO, have you encountered an issue with the sensor? 

 

Currently, I'm experiencing a peculiar problem. I just wanted to check-in and see if anyone else has faced the same / similar situation.

 

  • My ATO reservoir is filled to the right level and my power outlet is all good.
  • When the water level in the sump falls below the sensor mark, I don't see any refill happening.
  • The blue LED on the ATO unit keeps circulating, and then starts flashing and beeping after 5 min or so.
  • But the pump doesn't activate and pull up water from the reservoir to the sump.

 

Initially I thought my pump is busted, but I connected it with the Smart ATO in my other tank, it works perfect. Also, I noticed this - when I submerge the sensor into the water the blinking stops. But post evaporation it doesn't reconcile the process, and we are back to square one, no water being pumped up. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps per the manual, but no success!

 

That being said, has anyone of you engaged @XP Aqua for warranty assistance? Any pointers either to help fix this issue or get support from XP Aqua is greatly appreciated 🙂 

 

Thanking everyone in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
jbb

Their customer service is excellent from my experience. I had issue with the flood guardian and they called me to walk through the entire thing even working with me on my specific setup and how to best incorporate the device with other equipment I am using.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
10 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Their customer service is excellent from my experience. I had issue with the flood guardian and they called me to walk through the entire thing even working with me on my specific setup and how to best incorporate the device with other equipment I am using.  

 

Thanks Bryan! Hopefully, they call me to address my concern soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
ef4life

Interesting, I just had 2 pumps burn out in 2 weeks with mine. Joseph at xpaqua handled my issues in no time flat. First time they just sent a new pump, second time I ended up sending my entire setup back, They tested it and said both pumps were burned out and the controller was working properly, but they decided to replace the entire setup for me just in case. I just got it back yesterday actually. Hopefully this is it.

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

I am curious if this problem got resolved for you.  I just installed the Duetto on my tank last night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87

Hi @RedPhotog - So there a couple of things to keep in my mind when you install this.

  1. Please make sure that the optical sensor is placed at a good distance from the tube that would fill in the RODI water from the reservoir.
  2. Apparently, my mistake (according to XP Aqua Support) was that since they were placed close by, the water was splashing directly onto the sensor that caused it to not function properly.
  3. This device uses optical sensors, so if there is a lot of water splashing and a bright light shinning on the sensor and air-bubbles redirecting the light, it is possible that it may confuse the sensors.

Please be careful as I have experienced an overflow and it was a huge disaster 😥

 

Their support is good as they do help you out if any of their parts shows failure. I currently use this in my Waterbox 7 and have placed the sensor in the return chamber, and the tube that brings in RODI water from the reservoir in the 2nd chamber. Therefore, there can never be the problem that I experienced before. So far so good actually! 

 

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

That’s great info thanks! I have the waterbox 40.2. Maybe I’ll reposition the tube so the water will cascade down one of the baffle sides. Because I think it’s just dumping straight down into my pump chamber now. Thanks for the reply! 

 

Other than that, it’s been ok? Have you added any of the other smart alarms to it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
1 minute ago, RedPhotog said:

That’s great info thanks! I have the waterbox 40.2. Maybe I’ll reposition the tube so the water will cascade down one of the baffle sides. Because I think it’s just dumping straight down into my pump chamber now. Thanks for the reply! 

 

Other than that, it’s been ok? Have you added any of the other smart alarms to it? 

No, other than that it works well. No other alerts needed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

Wonderful!  I chose the Duetto because of the cool design, its so small!  I am glad you got it figured out and that its been good to you thus far.

 

Say hello to Seattle for me I miss it dearly.  I moved back to Chicago a few years ago, and I am going through PNW withdrawal!  😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
9 minutes ago, RedPhotog said:

Wonderful!  I chose the Duetto because of the cool design, its so small!  I am glad you got it figured out and that its been good to you thus far.

 

Say hello to Seattle for me I miss it dearly.  I moved back to Chicago a few years ago, and I am going through PNW withdrawal!  😞 

Oh no! It would have been so cool if you were still in the Pacific Northwest. Do let me know if you ever come this side. Likewise, I shall do the same. I travel to CHI for work at times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog
1 minute ago, Krish87 said:

Oh no! It would have been so cool if you were still in the Pacific Northwest. Do let me know if you ever come this side. Likewise, I shall do the same. I travel to CHI for work at times.

It's my favorite region in the country, and I get depressed every time I think about not being there.  Moved for work, family is from the midwest, and I had no idea how it would have such a long lasting effect on me after I left.  Its truly the most spiritually incentive environment I have ever been in.  

 

But enough of my tears...happy reefing!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog
21 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Hi @RedPhotog - So there a couple of things to keep in my mind when you install this.

  1. Please make sure that the optical sensor is placed at a good distance from the tube that would fill in the RODI water from the reservoir.
  2. Apparently, my mistake (according to XP Aqua Support) was that since they were placed close by, the water was splashing directly onto the sensor that caused it to not function properly.
  3. This device uses optical sensors, so if there is a lot of water splashing and a bright light shinning on the sensor and air-bubbles redirecting the light, it is possible that it may confuse the sensors.

Please be careful as I have experienced an overflow and it was a huge disaster 😥

 

Their support is good as they do help you out if any of their parts shows failure. I currently use this in my Waterbox 7 and have placed the sensor in the return chamber, and the tube that brings in RODI water from the reservoir in the 2nd chamber. Therefore, there can never be the problem that I experienced before. So far so good actually! 

 

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

 

Hello!  I have a question about the Duetto I wanted to ask you, I ran into a little problem with it last night and I am trying to figure out how to solve it.  

 

Did you use the siphon break barrel that came with the kit?  I installed it above the rez like the instructions say to, I cut the hose and put it between the 2 pieces.  When the controller turns on and pumps water up into the tank, there is a small leak where the siphon break barrel is.  The connection doesnt seem to be air tight.  If you have the siphon break on, were you able to get the hose completely around the barrel?   I imagine theres a hole somewhere to let air in, but a leak in the cabinet as a result of this makes me think I didnt install it right.

 

Other than that everything is fine.  I had to wipe up some water in my cabinet from the leaks whenever the controller turns on to top off the tank.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

Carry on, Ive taken it out since I have no need for it.  I dont know why I put it on in the first place!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87

@RedPhotog : The leak is normal (a few drips of water that is). I have the siphon break barrel. Definitely handy. Hmm, you took it off - interesting. 

 

The reason for it to be there is: When the pump shuts off after doing the needful, the air stops any siphoning. A little water is drawn back into your reservoir, but it certainly beats a tank crash from salinity drop. 

 

I have mine setup in a way that the siphon break is still in my reservoir but not submerged in the water. In that way, even if the water spills it just drops inside the container.

image.gif

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

It sounds like a siphon break is typically used for sump reservoirs that have the same water level heights.  Mine being an AIO, the DT is much higher than the ATO rez, so gravity pulls the water back into the rez after the pump turns off.  As long as the top of the ATO tube is above water in the pump chamber, the water will not siphon from the tank, it will just pull air from the room.

 

Pretty simple, I am pretty bummed about me cutting my tube.  Now I have to deal with the leak until I replace the tube, I put the breaker too far out of my ATO rez.

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog

I am loving my new waterbox tho!  I just transferred everything from my 12g last weekend.  I am gonna wait a couple more weeks before I make rockwork a little higher.

 

78C32FAB-7F19-4081-92AC-3F1B5412C16E.thumb.jpeg.225dfbe05d154adbb23e29c9d8dd8401.jpeg394A74AC-67CE-4FD0-B9ED-73D8483512D8.thumb.jpeg.91a900c21fed002d35d4b071622a96f3.jpeg9AAD0567-E7B7-4807-BD43-089520EBC7F8.thumb.jpeg.8cff009438ef076d00612d4c2d5aa646.jpeg3324A791-EA86-48DE-8629-30DEA94AAFCA.thumb.jpeg.d56d52ec8444bb5bdc4f0f5b6c2c8b4e.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
EvanSPS6

Hi @Krish87

 

My duetto has failed on me a couple of times in the span of 3 and a half months (luckily in the off position) and I can only think it might be due to the return hose being too close to the sensor.

 

I also have a waterbox (20g) and have also thought about directing the return hose into the second chamber. Have you had any issues doing it this way up until today?

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog
3 hours ago, EvanSPS6 said:

Hi @Krish87

 

My duetto has failed on me a couple of times in the span of 3 and a half months (luckily in the off position) and I can only think it might be due to the return hose being too close to the sensor.

 

I also have a waterbox (20g) and have also thought about directing the return hose into the second chamber. Have you had any issues doing it this way up until today?

I have heard from other users about the optical eye being really sensitive.  When you say the return hose, do you mean the ATO return or the return from your return pump?  Not really sure why it is failing in the off position, unless theres a lot of surface movement around the sensor.

 

I have my sensor to one side of my return pump, almost against the side of the baffle to the heater chamber.  You dont want to be too close because the water from the baffle could disrupt the sensor.  And I rigged my ATO hose on the opposite side of the sensor, but I have it angled on the glass so that the water is cascading down the side making less movement in the chamber.

 

Sorry youre having issues, I havent run into anything any problems.  If you decide to move the sensor, I would unplug the cables from the controller with the power off.  Reset some things maybe.  I really like the ATO though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
4 hours ago, EvanSPS6 said:

Hi @Krish87

 

My duetto has failed on me a couple of times in the span of 3 and a half months (luckily in the off position) and I can only think it might be due to the return hose being too close to the sensor.

 

I also have a waterbox (20g) and have also thought about directing the return hose into the second chamber. Have you had any issues doing it this way up until today?

I have placed in two different parts of the back sump, so I haven't had any problems ever since! Thankfully! 

Share this post


Link to post
EvanSPS6
22 hours ago, RedPhotog said:

I have heard from other users about the optical eye being really sensitive.  When you say the return hose, do you mean the ATO return or the return from your return pump?  Not really sure why it is failing in the off position, unless theres a lot of surface movement around the sensor.

 

I have my sensor to one side of my return pump, almost against the side of the baffle to the heater chamber.  You dont want to be too close because the water from the baffle could disrupt the sensor.  And I rigged my ATO hose on the opposite side of the sensor, but I have it angled on the glass so that the water is cascading down the side making less movement in the chamber.

 

Sorry youre having issues, I havent run into anything any problems.  If you decide to move the sensor, I would unplug the cables from the controller with the power off.  Reset some things maybe.  I really like the ATO though.  

Yehh I meant the ATO return hose. The pump chamber is quite narrow and small so hopefully these problems are due to splashback.

Share this post


Link to post
EvanSPS6
20 hours ago, Krish87 said:

I have placed in two different parts of the back sump, so I haven't had any problems ever since! Thankfully! 

Ok that sounds reassuring. I was just worried about how quickly the return chamber can be filled back up to the desired level if the ATO return was in another chamber. Do you find that the ATO overfills the tank slighty? By having the ATO return in another chamber does  it delay the time it takes for the water to reach the return chamber causing the ATO to overfill?

Hope that made sense! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
RedPhotog
1 hour ago, EvanSPS6 said:

Ok that sounds reassuring. I was just worried about how quickly the return chamber can be filled back up to the desired level if the ATO return was in another chamber. Do you find that the ATO overfills the tank slighty? By having the ATO return in another chamber does  it delay the time it takes for the water to reach the return chamber causing the ATO to overfill?

Hope that made sense! Haha

You should only put the ATO hose into the pump chamber, its the only chamber that evaporates.  Get an idea of where you want your water level with the pump on, and make sure the back sump doesnt overflow when you turn off the power.  All tanks are different because of pumps and flow, but in the pump chamber I have my water level about 4-5 inches above the return pump.  When I turn the power off, the water rises to slightly above the baffles, so it wont overflow with the power off.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...