Top Shelf Aquatics

Opinions on light mount and safety for fluval EVO

Mike P

Need some options on of this looks safe mounted on my glass. I ended up buying a hydra26 today because apparently prime hd’s are sold out and aquaillumination is not shipping any to stores..... maybe they are working on upgrading the primes??? Well I ended up getting the hydra knowing it’s a bit much but hey I will be getting a new tank this year and it will carry over. My concern is if this mount is safely installed on the glass, it’s a heavy light and the gooseneck is also heavy. I just don’t know if it could break the glass from to much stress or if I’m just over worrying. Hope some one can chime in.

2AD1D0BE-E559-4677-832F-A9B037F845D7.jpeg

A3334BDC-4F6A-4DAC-9F93-ABBCC3BD7A03.jpeg

EC7529F0-D1CC-4951-9C71-0892BFA7E480.jpeg

4EC1F089-64CF-4CEF-BDEA-C27CF5D066F0.jpeg

5B3232B5-EDA0-4DE1-88C3-3E7C4478C974.jpeg

• 1 year later...

not sure if you ever did anything different but i'd add a small piece of wood to the outside of the tank for the screws to press against so the pressure is even against the glass. thanks for posting this tho as i've been looking at mounting options for the hydra on an evo

• Like 1
On 6/12/2020 at 3:27 PM, smirkis said:

not sure if you ever did anything different but i'd add a small piece of wood to the outside of the tank for the screws to press against so the pressure is even against the glass. thanks for posting this tho as i've been looking at mounting options for the hydra on an evo

I kept it that way for about a month then decided to upgrade my tank to a reef 170 which the hydra was perfect for. The time I did have it mounted on the evo it seemed okay