Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Duncan tenties super thick n long?

Mmotux

They look great to me. There are a few types of Duncan's around with different lash lengths. Plus it seems tank conditions play a part. Mine is different to when I picked it up. 

Are you feeding? I associate that look with hungry and when full much more retracted and plump. Pre and post feed below.

20190508_144950.jpg

20190520_090825.jpg

2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

They look great to me. There are a few types of Duncan's around with different lash lengths. Plus it seems tank conditions play a part. Mine is different to when I picked it up. 

Are you feeding? I associate that look with hungry and when full much more retracted and plump. Pre and post feed below.

20190508_144950.jpg

20190520_090825.jpg

I’m not feeding at all. All pics taken within 5 mins

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

pricewayne

Mine started out with similar puffiness when I first added to my tank. I'd agree with @MrObscura that flow has lots to do with it -- they seem to like a medium flow.

Here was mine shortly after adding to my tank:

IMG_3507.thumb.jpg.a5917d1886bf13b065b1a837272ae4c1.jpg

IMG_3503.thumb.jpg.46cfd86dcd36c9b793db7bdd28ba07ad.jpg

Since then, I relocated to my back rock and have increased my flow quite a bit in my overall system. The above pics are from 03/31 and below are from today (crazy how fast these grow!!):

IMG_5260.thumb.jpg.d76e1c7776d826d06d86d25781940252.jpg

IMG_5262.thumb.jpg.9eeb768238da85831708964fd867e936.jpg

Yours don't appear at all unhealthy, though. Wouldn't be worried about em. If they're new to your system, they may just need a couple weeks to fully settle in.

As they get bigger and older, in addition to getting longer and fatter tentacles (much longer than yours), they can also start crinkling or twisting, or even throwing off branched tentacles. When they are a big colony, they can very easily be mistaken for a large anemone.

Yours look totally fine.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! Have had it for a few weeks and I’m glad everyone thinks it’s healthy! I just want it to grow faster and pop some new heads!!

• Like 2