ReefCleaners.org

Budget 165w Chinese LED Fixture PAR Numbers

trickerie

Lightimetunnel WiFi LED Aquarium Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1BJB8B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_unE5CbTVM90QX

Set up this light tonight and took a few quick readings for anyone who cares. 

Light was at 19 inches from tank bottom. No water or substrate to reflect light. Also, no canopy/top. 

With both white and blue channels at full blast I was getting a minimum of 350 under the light, decreasing pretty rapidly to around 100 on the edges not covered by the light. The lenses claim 120 degree spread but I'm not sure. Could just be I have it hung too low. My tank is 30 inches wide so it's not a huge deal. Each channel dimmed half way produced a bit less than 200 par under the light and down to 30 to 40 at the edges. Each channel seemed to produce about the same par independently of each other. 

Tldr; not a bad light for the price and definitely strong enough. $112 out the door for a 2 channel wifi controlled light. The app let's you set all kinds of modes but I haven't played with it yet. I went with this model over the usually recommended VIPARSPECTRA as I liked the led spectrum better. 

blasterman

Biggest annoyance with the black boxes is the optics are really too narrow for the type of fixture it is. If you can raise it high enough no problem.

34 minutes ago, blasterman said:

Biggest annoyance with the black boxes is the optics are really too narrow for the type of fixture it is. If you can raise it high enough no problem.

Very true. Though, this light says it has 120 degree optics which in theory should be plenty. I didn't really pay much mind to it though as the fixture about covers my entire tank. 

IMG_20190527_171529.jpg

• Like 1

I have seen some really nice SPS tanks in person with beautiful colors and large colonies with just Mars Aquas over them soo...nothing wrong with these.

• Like 2