Innovative Marine Aquariums

How to remove anemone pests ?

C2 da fish

C2 da fish

So I believe I have a anemone pests it is brown tan color an seems to spread fast how can I remove them with out it hurting my tank should I just remove it by hand.  ? I have about 3 one is growing pretty fast 

Last night I had a single apstaisa on a frag I noticed. I took it out, brushed the ap off with a toothbrush while rinsing. I also then took 70% isopropyl and soaked the spot and surrounding area where the nem use to be. I highly doubt I will see it or any others rise again. 

As long as they are in a concentrated spot and you can take the piece out of the tank before you do anything you should be fine. 

• Like 1
Outofstock

I always used a syringe and a lemon juice/vodka mixture. Why vodka I dont know... but worked great for nuking anything I didnt like, used it to control fast growing zoas too. Zoas 

1 hour ago, C2 da fish said:

Can I try to remove manually by hand or turkey Baster? 

Sorry, no. They will retreat into the rock or leave enough tissue to regenerate. You really have to kill them and glue them over. 

Don't ask me how I found this out years ago ....

• Like 1
C2 da fish

I noticed I have a lot of little ones around the tank going to try the Red Sea formula for the removal