Pod Your Reef

Jackie’s 40 gallon breeder

jstuver

Hello again! It’s been awhile since Ive been on here. I sold all of my stuff about a year and half ago but finally got the itch to have a tank again a few weeks ago! 

I came a cross a great deal on a local classifieds and could pass it up. 

Equipment:

40 Gallon breeder

2 kessil A160we

RW-8 powerhead

Bubble magus curve 5 skimmer

Cobalt Aquatics neo-therm heater

Tunze ATO

Coral Box WiFi doser

Fish:

purple firefish

green chromis

flame angel

tailspot blenny

pink stripe goby

Inverts:

2 peppermint shrimp

snails

cras

I bought new sand and removed a ton of bubble algae from the previous owners set up. I didn’t like the stand that came with it and had to hunt down a cabinet that had the right dimensions but finally found the one pictured. My hubby ran the wires up through the wall for the kessils so that I didn’t have any wires hanging. I’m loving how everything turned out.

28BD3587-AEB0-4C35-90EF-EEE78AEF0F39.jpeg

30C705F0-A79D-41FA-9CC5-A8D2CAA026A4.jpeg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, jstuver said:

Hello again! It’s been awhile since Ive been on here. I sold all of my stuff about a year and half ago but finally got the itch to have a tank again a few weeks ago! 

I came a cross a great deal on a local classifieds and could pass it up. 

Equipment:

40 Gallon breeder

2 kessil A160we

RW-8 powerhead

Bubble magus curve 5 skimmer

Cobalt Aquatics neo-therm heater

Tunze ATO

Coral Box WiFi doser

Fish:

purple firefish

green chromis

flame angel

tailspot blenny

pink stripe goby

Inverts:

2 peppermint shrimp

snails

cras

I bought new sand and removed a ton of bubble algae from the previous owners set up. I didn’t like the stand that came with it and had to hunt down a cabinet that had the right dimensions but finally found the one pictured. My hubby ran the wires up through the wall for the kessils so that I didn’t have any wires hanging. I’m loving how everything turned out.

28BD3587-AEB0-4C35-90EF-EEE78AEF0F39.jpeg

30C705F0-A79D-41FA-9CC5-A8D2CAA026A4.jpeg

Looks great! 😃

Christopher Marks

Welcome back @jstuver, it's great to see you! This is a beautiful new nano reef setup, I love the hanging lights and plant shelf design! I love what you've done with it, the aquascape is really well balanced with color. I always like center overflow boxes to aquascape around, is it drilled and plumbed through the bottom of the tank?

Looking forward to watching your new reef system grow out, you have some awesome tanks in your past!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @jstuver, it's great to see you! This is a beautiful new nano reef setup, I love the hanging lights and plant shelf design! I love what you've done with it, the aquascape is really well balanced with color. I always like center overflow boxes to aquascape around, is it drilled and plumbed through the bottom of the tank?

Looking forward to watching your new reef system grow out, you have some awesome tanks in your past!

Thanks so much! Yes it is drilled through the bottom! I can’t wait to add some more coral to it and watch it grow out!

18 hours ago, ef4life said:

Looks great. How do you like the kessils so far?

I wouldn’t say they’re my favorite that I’ve ever had but they still look pretty good. The original owner of this set up has had them on them for the last couple years I think so the corals grew well under them.

18 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks great! 😃

Thanks!

• Like 1