Cultivated Reef

New tank stock- Clown goby/Possum wrasse?

saltyandspooky

saltyandspooky

So it seems my tank has fully cycled today! Was shocked how fast bio spira cycled this tank, and have been carefully monitoring my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. So excited to stock my tank.

Have 20g cube. Going to go with some soft corals, but conflicted on fish! I will start with one fish at a time and slowly add more over time.

Debating between or all of:

-Black misbar ocellaris clownfish

-Yellow clown goby

-Pygmy possum wrasse

Are these good tankmates? What is your experience with (ycg or possum wrasse)? Have owned clownfish before but not the other two. 

Which should I add first? 

Best diet for ycg or possum wrasse?

Any issues w/ycg or possum wrasse?

Thank you for the help, I'm not a total noob but want some experienced opinions on these fish. I know ycg are notorious for being picky eaters, so I am slightly concerned about keeping this guy alive and have a reputable seller who has a ycg pair with hungry little babies who are all eating and healthy.

Clown is always a staple in any tank. Ive kept a possum wrasse for a month and I returned it because its a boring fish. Its a slow swimmer, always hiding and its not even that colorful. Feeding wise ive had no problem feeding a possum wrasse except for again it is a slow swimmer so my clowns would gobble up everything I throw in the tank before the wrasse could try and chase one and eat it. So I target feed it with a turkey baster so it would have a chance on actually catching and eating the food...huge pain in the butt. In my opinion youre better off looking for a more colorful and active swimming alternative.

Cant comment on the clown goby though, ive never kept one im too scared because i heard they are finicky eaters and they eat sps polyps.

• Thanks 1
saltyandspooky

UPDATE: got a ycg and midnight ocellaris from my LFS and they are doing great! Asked the guy to feed the ycg to make sure he was eating and he was. He loves his mysis shrimp and he’s fat and happy. 

Still want a possum wrasse saw a beautiful one at my LFS but he was not for sale 😞