SaltCritters.com

baby bubble tip anemone

eatfood

Hello,

I recently rebooted my nano reef as an anemone species tank.  3 months ago to the day I added my first and only anemone, a green bubble tip.  A couple days ago, while looking things over I noticed my anemone moved a couple inches over from his trusty spot and left behind a tiny, 3/8 inch across bubble tip anemone. I thought this must be one of those ball anemones or aiptasia, something to that effect, but it just looked too much like the parent to me.  It has the same foot and white around the mouth and even though it is small and clear, I can see the green color developing.  I knew what I had after watching it eat a piece of brine shrimp and ball up just like the parent.  I did some research and found out bubble tips do clone this way and it is called budding (I think).  They develop a little guy under their foot.  Anyways my wife does marketing work and made me this cool video where our emerald crab decides he is going to check out the new anemone.   

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Here are a couple pictures, you can see "mom" in the background.  The second picture is after it caught a brine shrimp.  I just thought this was cool and wanted to share since I did not find much when I was researching.

20190518143134.jpg

20190519105029.jpg

• Like 3