Coral Vue Hydros

Snail bite marks on acrylic

Aquatic Spendthrift

Aquatic Spendthrift

I have a buch of snail bite marks on corners of my acrylic aquarium. Now it dosent seem like a common problem for most people since i googled it and there were not many results so could it be a lower grade of acrylic that caused this.? It very anyoing since its on a small tank and  im always looking at it up close. Im thinking about just swiching to a glass aquatium and calling it a day

20190517_162142.jpg

Kellie in CA

Wow, I didn't even know such a thing was possible. 

Yeah, I had an acrylic tank one time and I vowed to never do it again.  However, my current glass tank has a fairly long scratch dead center on the front viewing panel and I have no idea how it got there.  It drives me crazy,  I just can't win!

Aquatic Spendthrift

Its hard to show the difference in a picture or video but its also more distinct if you view it on a pc. The darker brown dots are algae and the upper middle is coraline. all the faded gray is bite marks. if you look at the upper left glass panel is not clean from algae and the upper right is. all the kind of faded gray marks are bites that i cant remove and i used a credit card just to make sure.