Top Shelf Aquatics

WTB: Crabs

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m mainly looking for nuisance crabs or very unique crabs. Gaudy clown crab would be awesome, but I heard they are rare, so idk. Would pay for the crabs. Instead of sending the poor crab to the porcelain god, send him to a home and make some money while doing it😁👍.

I might have a bad crab to rehome at some point. He also has a huge emerald crab buddy. I would think they should survive priority mail. 

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Crabs in my opinion can survive a lot. Just give me a shout when you decide to rehome them. What’s the bad crab? A gorilla?

12 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Crabs in my opinion can survive a lot. Just give me a shout when you decide to rehome them. What’s the bad crab? A gorilla?

Don't think so. I am not positive on the ID. Eriphia sp. maybe. 

NOT FISH SAFE. 

2019-05-09_01-34-28

2019-05-09_01-34-57

You setting up a pest nano?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
11 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

NOT FISH SAFE. 

2019-05-09_01-34-28

2019-05-09_01-34-57

That crab is so awesome. I would definitely put him in a species only tank for that little guy. And yes I am setting up a pest nano. It’s been up for about 3 months now.  I used mature sand and mature rock, so the cycle wasn’t very long. The cycle actually just ended about a week ago. I know how people say that smaller tanks are harder, but this tank was so much easier than my 29 gallon.

When are you planning on getting rid of him?

13 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

That crab is so awesome. I would definitely put him in a species only tank for that little guy. And yes I am setting up a pest nano. It’s been up for about 3 months now.  I used mature sand and mature rock, so the cycle wasn’t very long. The cycle actually just ended about a week ago. I know how people say that smaller tanks are harder, but this tank was so much easier than my 29 gallon.

When are you planning on getting rid of him?

Whenever I can catch him lol 

You can probably mix other similar sized bad crabs with him. He has been living with an emerald okay. Probably depends how hungry they get. 

He hasn't ate the 3 snails in with him yet but I know he is capable, he likes to eat macro and anything meaty I give him. His favorite hobby is to hide inside the rock and STARE at me very creepy like. 

511726460_IMG_20190515_0548313.jpg.37977

I don't find smaller tanks to be any harder. I think that is just something people with big tanks say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
BearTheSquare

@Tamberav

I had one of those in my 29 gallon biocube and I watched it sneak up on a sleeping clownfish. Definitely not fish safe and a pain to catch, but once it gets comfortable it’ll come out in the middle of the night. I grabbed mine with tweezers after trying to trap it for months.

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Whenever I can catch him lol 

You can probably mix other similar sized bad crabs with him. He has been living with an emerald okay. Probably depends how hungry they get. 

He hasn't ate the 3 snails in with him yet but I know he is capable, he likes to eat macro and anything meaty I give him. His favorite hobby is to hide inside the rock and STARE at me very creepy like. 

511726460_IMG_20190515_0548313.jpg.37977

I don't find smaller tanks to be any harder. I think that is just something people with big tanks say.

Well just tell me when you catch him😂. How much would you like for him?

3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

@EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Here is a great example of a 2g pest pico filled with fast growing 'pest corals' majano's, aiptasia, fast growing macro's, ect and ofc... some pest crabs. 

Yea, that’s what I want the tank to turn out to be. 

3 minutes ago, BearTheSquare said:

@Tamberav

I had one of those in my 29 gallon biocube and I watched it sneak up on a sleeping clownfish. Definitely not fish safe and a pain to catch, but once it gets comfortable it’ll come out in the middle of the night. I grabbed mine with tweezers after trying to trap it for months.

😞 Ya I found him because I watched him GRAB my scooter blenny. I ended up chiseling him out of the rock. 

I have heard putting some club soda in there will get them to run out. 

9 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Well just tell me when you catch him😂. How much would you like for him?

Yea, that’s what I want the tank to turn out to be. 

No charge, maybe cover shipping. I will make a styro box for him. 

24 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

@EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Here is a great example of a 2g pest pico filled with fast growing 'pest corals' majano's, aiptasia, fast growing macro's, ect and ofc... some pest crabs. 

hahahahahah what did he squeeze outta that zoa??  

• Like 1
Just now, 748S911 said:

hahahahahah what did he squeeze outta that zoa??  

😛 It was a fish food pellet he stole. 

Craby craby world lol, I used to go to school with bullies like that...apparently milk was a commodity.  🤣

• Haha 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

😞 Ya I found him because I watched him GRAB my scooter blenny. I ended up chiseling him out of the rock. 

I have heard putting some club soda in there will get them to run out. 

No charge, maybe cover shipping. I will make a styro box for him. 

Ok, that would be awesome, just tell me when your ready to ship him.😁

46 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Ok, that would be awesome, just tell me when your ready to ship him.😁

Will do. I probably have some extra frags you can have too if you aren't picky.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Will do. I probably have some extra frags you can have too if you aren't picky.

Not very picky, what would they be?

3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

NOT FISH SAFE. 

2019-05-09_01-34-28

2019-05-09_01-34-57

He looks no nice :c

Literally has red eyes 👀 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, OverCookedRock said:

He looks no nice :c

Literally has red eyes 👀 

I feel like he would be a very interesting crab to observe at night😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I feel like he would be a very interesting crab to observe at night😂

I don't even think I'd let my puffer at em... 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

Your puffer may be mysteriously gone by sunset

By sunrise I mean

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Not very picky, what would they be?

probably zoas, nothing ugly/brown. Not sure a digitata would survive? Hmmm.. it might. 🤔

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

probably zoas, nothing ugly/brown. Not sure a digitata would survive? 🤔

I’m not really picky, I’m trying to create a zoa garden, so zoas would be awesome. Digitata is an sps, correct? I’m always afraid of sps, bc I’m afraid that I can’t take care of them. My last sps was a pocillopora, and he got slaughtered bc of my peppermint shrimp I used to have. He hasn’t been looking good since.

Just make sure you don’t put the crab in the same bag as the corals, he may get hungry...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

Psssh I bought a crab for Jables to eat😂

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’m not really picky, I’m trying to create a zoa garden, so zoas would be awesome. Digitata is an sps, correct? I’m always afraid of sps, bc I’m afraid that I can’t take care of them. My last sps was a pocillopora, and he got slaughtered bc of my peppermint shrimp I used to have. He hasn’t been looking good since.

Just make sure you don’t put the crab in the same bag as the corals, he may get hungry...

Yes, it is an easier SPS. Do you have frogspawn? I have some of that... came with the tank I bought, it was in rough shape but has been recovering. I will have to look how long priority shipping takes to get to you to see what can survive. 

• Recommended Discussions