Coral Vue Hydros

Anemone ID and Help

RoseyP

Can anybody give me a definite ID on this anemone. Was told it's a bubble tip but I'm not certain. I have other bta and they look nothing like it

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Look like a majano to me. You can keep it if you want. I don’t really consider them a nuisance, but others have called them a nuisance. They don’t spread as rapidly as aptasia either

• Haha 1
mitten_reef
5 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Look like a majano to me. You can keep it if you want. I don’t really consider them a nuisance, but others have called them a nuisance. They don’t spread as rapidly as aptasia either

r u looking at the same one the OP is asking?  I see no resemblance of majano on the one hanging upside down with bleached tentacles.  

btw, @RoseyP, I'd agree with you that it doesn't look like a BTA.  It also looks pretty bleached.  

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
44 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

r u looking at the same one the OP is asking?  I see no resemblance of majano on the one hanging upside down with bleached tentacles.  

btw, @RoseyP, I'd agree with you that it doesn't look like a BTA.  It also looks pretty bleached.  

Shit sorry, I didn’t read what he said above the picture. The one on the ground is a majano. The one in the back is definitely bleached. It kinda looks like a bleached carnation anemone, but I could be wrong.

997F391E-F2F6-4EAB-B56F-AD65B88C2D7E.png

The one on the ground looks like a brownish BTA to me, not a mojano. 

Top one is just unhealthy so hard to ID from the pic. The short tentacles could be related to it starving. It should be easy to ID once it recovers. 

• Like 1

Could also be a condy really closed up. It's hard to differentiate species since all anemones look like a little blob when they're closed. If it opens and you want a better ID on it, post another pic.

And the one on the ground looks like a BTA to me too.