Innovative Marine Aquariums

Proper spacing for lights

nano427

I’m going to mount 2 x a160’s over a 24” wide tank. I’m thinking about mounting them with 8” spacing. That would put the lights 8” in from the sides and 8” apart from eachother.  The lights will be mounted straight up and down.  Is this a good plan?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply. I ran them a little bit closer to the center than I originally thought because when I tried them further apart I got too much light spill out of the sides. These Kessils must have a really wide angle lens.  But I have zero light spill as it is now. The lights are lower than I’d like but its a compromise I had to make considering my couch and tv are in the same room. 

A2A7AA36-179D-4E0A-B6BC-EC0F562DD519.jpeg

Looks good to me!

The nice thing about those mounts is how easy they are to raise/lower...raise em up if you have heavy maintenance.  

Even where they're mounted it's still nice to think about how tiny the lights are and how little space they take up over the tank compared to a giant fixture from another maker.

Did you try just one, BTW?  If not I would – see what you think of that too.