pricewayne

Red Sea or Waterbox? Which 40-60g tank ?

FISHnChix
2 hours ago, pokerdobe said:
  • Stock plumbing blows. Doesn't matter if it's the 250 or the 750. I would suggest replacing all your plumbing.
  • Cabinet door and hinges could be better

Haha I was going to post something similar until these last two.. the cabinet isnt the best I dunno what I was expecting .. mahogany probably for the price lol but the doors imo are top notch .. the hinges seem well made but I've only had mine for 8 months so we will see. They are annoying to adjust but you only do it once.. the plumbing is perfect imo besides the control valve.. it is finicky to adjust to say the least. Oh and it should have two return spots not one, so that sucks .. ato is junk and small but will work for a while .. the filter socks are annoying like granite said but I bought some filter cups and use floss now .. works great.. I bought filter cups that only have holes on the bottom , I think that's key. Dont buy the red sea ones... no leveling feet sucks if your on tile that is uneven.. on a tank this size it's hard to fit all your equipment in the stand with the sump.. personally I live the new sumps design.

On price point I think it's a good deal.. I figured a tank would cost me 500ish, stand 400ish, and sump 400ish... then plumbing it myself would be a bit and hard to make it as clean as the new red sea design..

Again just my opinion.  Take it for what it is... happy reefing folks

15579651413843103089890269259318.jpg

• Like 2

pricewayne
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Haha I was going to post something similar until these last two.. the cabinet isnt the best I dunno what I was expecting .. mahogany probably for the price lol but the doors imo are top notch .. the hinges seem well made but I've only had mine for 8 months so we will see. They are annoying to adjust but you only do it once.. the plumbing is perfect imo besides the control valve.. it is finicky to adjust to say the least. Oh and it should have two return spots not one, so that sucks .. ato is junk and small but will work for a while .. the filter socks are annoying like granite said but I bought some filter cups and use floss now .. works great.. I bought filter cups that only have holes on the bottom , I think that's key. Dont buy the red sea ones... no leveling feet sucks if your on tile that is uneven.. on a tank this size it's hard to fit all your equipment in the stand with the sump.. personally I live the new sumps design.

On price point I think it's a good deal.. I figured a tank would cost me 500ish, stand 400ish, and sump 400ish... then plumbing it myself would be a bit and hard to make it as clean as the new red sea design..

Again just my opinion.  Take it for what it is... happy reefing folks

15579651413843103089890269259318.jpg

Love the neat & clean setup and also that octopus on the door!!

I think before I buy, I'd love to find someone that owns the waterbox 60.2 or 70.2 (now a contender)

@William, I thought you meant the Marine series 70.3 model -- and just found the Reef series 70.2.... why can't these brands just put all their damn tanks on one browsing page for me to compare? It's an egg hunt.

FISHnChix
5 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Love the neat & clean setup and also that octopus on the door!!

I think before I buy, I'd love to find someone that owns the waterbox 60.2 or 70.2 (now a contender)

@William, I thought you meant the Marine series 70.3 model -- and just found the Reef series 70.2.... why can't these brands just put all their damn tanks on one browsing page for me to compare? It's an egg hunt.

Thanks..Sounds like a solid plan .. I'd like to hear from waterbox owners too.. they look like great tanks..

robbiedob84
1 hour ago, pricewayne said:

Nice, did you get it made someplace locally? & do you happen to be in SoCal 🤓

Nah I’m in Michigan.  My Lfs has a cabinet maker that makes all their stands so I had them order me the exact stand I wanted.

• Like 1

pricewayne
7 minutes ago, robbiedob84 said:

Nah I’m in Michigan.  My Lfs has a cabinet maker that makes all their stands so I had them order me the exact stand I wanted.

Nice. Maybe I'll check with some local shops here if I could work a similar deal out.

This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, pricewayne said:

Like, I love a challenge -- but this isn't one I'll regret skipping out on. Nooooope lol.

Get your Ferrari tank

get the biggest you can afford

otherwise you’ll look back and say “I should’ve gotten the big boy”

• Like 1