Coral Vue Hydros

Adding additional Orbit LED light - Do I have to lower settings to re-acclimate?

RemoGaggi

I've currently got a Fusion IM 20 with a single 24" Current USA Marine Led light (non IC model).  I'm expecting the arrival of an additional 24" strip (this one is IC model) in a few days.  After I add the additional strip, do I need to tone down the intensity to re-acclimate my coral frags?  I"m currently running 100% Blue and 50% white for 8 hrs on the single strip I have.  The lights will hang about 3" above the water surface.

What settings and for how long do you suggest after I get the 2nd light strip going?  Thanks.

IMG_20190511_175325806.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't know what's easier but you might consider just shortening the photo. To something like four or six hours and then add an hour a week until it's back up to normal.

If it's easier to adjust intensity then the same deal: cut it by about half or a little more and then add back small amounts every week until you're back to normal.