inTank Media Baskets

HingleMcCringleberry

HingleMcCringleberry
On 6/4/2019 at 9:06 PM, seabass said:

The fish might not have even noticed.  Like you, they would probably only get shocked if they were grounded to something (think bird on a power line).  That said, good catch on getting that piece of equipment changed out.

After all my effort to coat an acropora skeleton with food for the orange spotted filefish it was only half heatedly picking at it. I tried feeding frozen mysis to the water with no luck. But flake food.. apparently it loves the stuff. The filefish chases it all over the tank and inhaled the stuff. Go figure. It only seems to want the cheapest easiest food. I guess that bodes well for long term success. Ahaha 

• Haha 1
HingleMcCringleberry

I so badly want to show you all my fish now added to my display. But you’ll hate me for not telling you about the 4 tangs that were also in quarantine this whole while. 

I was afraid nobody would help me if I did. 

• Haha 1
On 6/13/2019 at 2:13 PM, HingleMcCringleberry said:

I so badly want to show you all my fish now added to my display. But you’ll hate me for not telling you about the 4 tangs that were also in quarantine this whole while. 

I was afraid nobody would help me if I did. 

if someone choses not to help you because you have fish they dont think should be in a tank, oh well. There are plenty of people who will help you even if they dont agree with your choices. 

your QT should have no substrate, no rocks. pick up some PVC elbows big enough for the fish to hide in. they need to feel safe in the QT, just like the DT. 

that being said, how many total fish you have in the 75? being as 4 of them are tangs ( im curious as to what kinds) you could have a disaster on your hands with them getting stressed out over and over. 

• Like 1
HingleMcCringleberry
On 6/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, Brock0019 said:

if someone choses not to help you because you have fish they dont think should be in a tank, oh well. There are plenty of people who will help you even if they dont agree with your choices. 

your QT should have no substrate, no rocks. pick up some PVC elbows big enough for the fish to hide in. they need to feel safe in the QT, just like the DT. 

that being said, how many total fish you have in the 75? being as 4 of them are tangs ( im curious as to what kinds) you could have a disaster on your hands with them getting stressed out over and over. 

I tried to pick tangs that were different genus. All small. Desjardini, blue hippo, naso, and powder blue. The PB is the smallest. And I actually decided the naso was too large already and so rehomed it with a friend. The other three are getting along great. Other tank mates are 2 leopard wrasses. Two orange spotted filefish. Two davinci clowns. And a white ribbon eel. Lots of live rock for better bio filter. 

*wouldnt have gotten orange spotted filefish but they were aggressively eating frozen mysis in store so I couldn’t resist the opportunity. 

412BC167-9C56-4485-9785-63A704179B68.jpeg

4FB98174-6CB3-4E4F-88D1-C8BB1A5494CD.jpeg

• Wow 1