inTank Media Baskets

Glue Recommendation

FlytheWMark

FlytheWMark

I'm looking for coral super glue recommendations.  I have been using BSI 116 Insta-cure but as with most super glues (in general) I can usually use it 3-4 times before it clogs or the tube gets a leak, etc.  And at $8 a pop it's a little frustrating to be throwing it out because the tube becomes unusable.  What do other's use?

Thrassian Atoll

Any super glue gel will work.  Dollar tree glue sucks though.  Stuff doesn’t cure for me.  I use the loctite blue bottle.

That 2nd cap in the box always comes in handy with BSI glue! It's still my favorite frag glue though.

As others have said, any other super glue gel will work, I've used the dollar store ones, Loctite, etc.

1 hour ago, Mark L. said:

So there is nothing "reef safe" about BSI glue?

Any cyanoacrylate is going to be reef safe. I personally use the Gorilla Glue because I can pick it up at Home Depot or Lowes, it's a big bottle, it's cheap, and doesn't clog. For glueing down frags I go with the Superglue - JB Waterweld - Superglue sandwich.

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

All gel superglues work, however I feel you on the clogging spout and after much trial and error I find this to work best13B47A31-ACE1-4761-90A5-C1F46593F943.thumb.jpeg.0afe651c5c80f43844c76895be5a8dc7.jpeg

I've gone through 3 packages of this and used every last drop so I feel if it’s more expensive the cost is justified especially since it’s less frustrating to use.

• Like 2

I use Gorilla Superglue Gel.  The picture below is from the home depot website.  The Gorilla superglue gel is about $1.50 more than the Loctite Ultra gel, but with Gorilla, you are getting 4x more glue (20grams vs 5grams).  

IMG_20190513_161953256.jpg

• Like 3