Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanobox Duo controller issues... blue/cyan channel stuck

TurtleReef

TurtleReef

Hey guys, newish member. I'm more active over on Reef2Reef, albeit not lately... I didn't see a specific thread for problems and issues so I'll post it here in general.

I want to start off by saying this isnt a bash thread. @DaveFason has been very helpful and I love my light. It's just that he is only one guy, and a very busy guy at that. So, I'm calling in the calvary. Someone out there must be able to help.

My issue is this, when first set up my light was working perfectly. I've had it for 2 weeks, so it's not old at all. Still has the new car smell on it. Around a week ago I was up late one night and noticed the light was simulating lightning flashes after lights out. It wasn't a storm, as I would just see one flash and that was it. Storm mode is and has always been turned OFF. Then, at precisely 0200, my blue/cyan channel turns on and I could not get it to turn off. I unplugged the light, and contacted Dave thru email.

After that night, Dave logged in and reset the program and asked me to see if it did the same thing again. I was working night shift so I placed the light on a wall timer until I was off and could observe it again. Thursday, May 9th, I took it back off the wall timer and at 2300 when the light was supposed to turn off, the blue/cyan channel was still ON. Now, no matter what time it is, or what the program says, the blue/cyan channel is stuck at what appears to be 100%. Even using the manual slider, I cannot change the blue/cyan channel. All other channels work as they should and I can turn them on and off and dim them with the sliders.

I'd really like to get this corrected as I love the look of the light and the color is amazing. My tank seems to be ok with the blue/cyan stuck for the moment, I'd just like to get it adjusted back down where it's supposed to be and under control.

Picture of complete setup

20190429_160219.thumb.jpg.5e5f8bb3bb649e639abff919e40d9e53.jpg

Blue/cyan on at 2am

20190509_232949.thumb.jpg.7f2a1e6b30b5dba15c3a60e7c7bf86ff.jpg

Screenshot of schedule when blue/cyan came on

20190512_084801.thumb.jpg.b6b35c592de2365fe3ff98eb08d75b7b.jpg

38 minutes ago, TurtleReef said:

So @DaveFason what's wrong with my light?

Just sent a reply to your email from an hour ago. This is extremely strange as this has never happened before. In the past I had something like this but it was due to water spillage that the customer was unaware of. 

Sent email and return label. Will have it done the same day received. 

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To update those who want to know. The driver had water damage from an accidental spill or splash. Cleaned and then repaired. 

Few tips. Hide the external box away from water AND put a loop in the cord. 

-Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1