Mikec0078

Aquatop Recife 24 *great but few concerns*

Mikec0078

LFS had an awesome price on this package and I've been in the market for a very clean AIO for her office.  She's a bit picky on the setup being extremely quiet and neat. This fit the bill (assuming the original skimmer isn't used). The glass is gorgeous.  This must be Starfire or something similar.  The silicone work is amazing too. Great overall construction and look.

She's only wanting a few small fish, probably either clown pair or Bangai Cardinals.  I upgraded the lights to a simple and clean Current Orbit IC for the timer and size/look.  We May put a LPS near the top and a few softies throughout.  Still need to rearrange rock, but we've got a few weeks of cycling yet too.

So far I've got 2 main concerns.

1) the water level change due to evap isn't restricted to the return chamber.  When we add freshwater daily, the display level goes up too.  

I'm not new to reef tanks, sumps, or even AIO tanks, but this is the first time I've seen this.  All evaporation should only effect the return chamber water level...

2) included skimmer micro bubbles.  Hoping slime coat helps a bit, but it won't eliminate it completely. May put some filter floss in line or even have the skimmer run when she isn't working. Bioload will be minimal anyhow.  

0510191853.jpg

• Like 1

Mikec0078

A few more pics.

0511190942a.jpg

0511190940a.jpg

0511190942.jpg

• Like 1

ReeferReefer

Clean look. I'm digging it. 

Ratvan

great start, following along