inTank Media Baskets

2 unidentified creatures in my tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok first one is that there is something living in the base of my zoas. Last night when I was feeding them, a piece of mysis fell to the flat surface of the frag and was at the base of the zoas. All I saw was that the mysis was slowly getting tugged toward the base of the zoas, I couldn’t see the creature. It doesn’t seem to be harming the zoas, and I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what it could be by just the description. I’ll get a picture, but I doubt you will be able to see anything. Secondly is that I have some kinda polyp on a snail shell that I got from my LFS for my hermit crabs. I don’t know if it’s a zoas or paly, or a nem? It hasn’t really opened much, but I can see a hole and bright colors like a zoa when the actinics are on. The thing on the snail shell grabbed hold of a small piece of rubble, and it is attached to it. It’s not coming off unless I tore it off and it would probably kill it. 

21435B35-6BA6-4166-A1C3-FE0D13B789F9.jpeg

F2B8EADF-9600-4594-B829-B5D30ABE1945.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
53 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I don’t think anybody even know what they’re supposed to be looking at? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m sorry it’s so hard to get pictures when things are that small. The second is not a vermited snail, I had some of those on my frags and it’s not that. The thing is squishy, it feels like a polyp of some kind, but I don’t know if it’s a nem or a zoa polyp

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

The first is the little cave under the the zoas. There’s something living in there. I’ll have to do another dip to try to chase it out.