Qball77

Elegance coral not opening

Qball77

Looking for a little advice. I’ve had this elegance coral for about two months now. It has been fully open for most of the two months. Over the last two days he has closed up substantially and has not returned to full bloom. All of my water parameters are very stable, but I have noticed a rise in my alkalinity over the past two days.  It has risen from 7.7 to 8.9 in just under a week. I haven’t been dosing my tank with any chemicals and like I said the rest of my parameters are very stable. I have lost a clown fish and a yellow watchman goby this week. I have no explanation for the loss of the two fish and the rise in the alkalinity.  Could this be a coincidence or is something going on that I’m not aware of? The tank has been up and running for almost 4 months and the elegance Coral  was the first coral that I put in there.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

image.jpg

Lawnman
30 minutes ago, Qball77 said:

Looking for a little advice. I’ve had this elegance coral for about two months now. It has been fully open for most of the two months. Over the last two days he has closed up substantially and has not returned to full bloom. All of my water parameters are very stable, but I have noticed a rise in my alkalinity over the past two days.  It has risen from 7.7 to 8.9 in just under a week. I haven’t been dosing my tank with any chemicals and like I said the rest of my parameters are very stable. I have lost a clown fish and a yellow watchman goby this week. I have no explanation for the loss of the two fish and the rise in the alkalinity.  Could this be a coincidence or is something going on that I’m not aware of? The tank has been up and running for almost 4 months and the elegance Coral  was the first coral that I put in there.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

image.jpg

It’s definitely swinging alk that it’s not liking because your lps behind it is receding. Swinging alk is the number one cause of lps death imo. 

Qball77

Don’t let the pic fool u. The hammer behind it always shrinks up around the same time everyday but fluffs up later. I can set my watch to it. Not sure what’s causing the alk increase