Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tana's IM INT 112 Lagoon 😎

tanacharison

tanacharison

Feeling kinda cute, might start some nonsense over here. 

48455394487_e6736778a8_z.jpg

Tank: Innovative Marine INT 112g Lagoon 

Plumbing: Blue 3/4" PVC return with RFG nozzles from Vivid Aquatics, WYE Check Valve
Sump:  Trigger Systems Platinum Sump with Filter Roller
ATO: Tunze Nano ATO 
Lighting: Nanobox ATI Retro with 4 V3.1 Arrays, 2 T5 Bulbs ATI Aquablue Special and ATI Coral Plus

Refugium Light: Nanobox Beam growing Caulerpa sp on live rock.
Flow: Maxspect XF350,  VarioS-6 Return pump
Skimmer: Skimz Monster SM202 External Skimmer plumbed into refugium 
Reactor: Avast Marine Media Reactor, with, Bulk Reef Supply ROX Carbon
Control: Apex Classic Controller
Heater: 2x Eheim Jager 150watt
Dosing: 2X Neptune DOS with Aquaforest components 1+,2+,3 and Acropower in containers
Water: BRS 5 Stage RODI plus water saver and booster pump

Salt: Red Sea Blue Bucket

Biological Media:  Marinepure Spheres

Fish: 2 Lemon Chromies, Starry Blenny, Longnose Halkfish, 6-line Wrassy, Yellow Watchman Goby, Filefish, Bristletooth Tang

Inverts: 3-4 Emerald Crabs, Astraea, Nassarius snails, brittle sea star, Blue Tuxedo Urchin, 

• Haha 4
tanacharison
51 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

hmmm, those 3' by 3' lagoon perhaps?  or is it 4' by 3'? 

Gonna consolidate, let's do it right 😜

the-force-is-strong-with-this-one-8.jpg.b4f8f62df5005bc0320e24d7dd661d8e.jpg

49 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

omgomgomg

th.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i was getting excited for a new product from IM...then i realized i misunderstood the context. so yay and boo!  LoL 

• Haha 1
tanacharison
7 hours ago, Friendly said:

i was getting excited for a new product from IM...then i realized i misunderstood the context. so yay and boo!  LoL 

Well don't get too disappointed.. they announced a few new options in the 75g-150g range. All three are amazing! Only one is currently in transit. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

indeed...looking at them now.

odd thing, do a Google search for innovative marine on my phone, it's the first hit...do it on my PC, nowhere to be found. really odd SEO for that to happen...

tanacharison

Well I'm extremely excited to get this build rolling. I've had the same general system the past few years and this is going to be completely different, mostly due the increase in volume. I'll also be making this system slightly more automated now that I've learned more of my maintenance with my job the past few years. Recently I switched to using a DOS system to manage my elements and I'm really liking it so far. If I can get a trident for retail over the summer I'll certainly pick one up and stop testing. I'm going to plan out the space for it in the sump. I love filter socks/cups but I'm bad at changing them when they are full.. looking at a clairsea filter roller. I've searched out a good sump I can run the roller, skimmer and a refugium in. Currently leaning towards a trigger systems Ruby 30 Elite sump. Sadly it only comes in red, luckily I love plumbing aquariums and the IM is standard fittings so prepare for a crazy looking sump area. Finally after selling all my old equipment I'll be looking into a larger skimmer.. looking at the space saving octos right now.

• Like 2
tanacharison
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Exciting plans, when does it arrive @tanacharison? Those filter rollers are really slick, I was impressed with Geos Reef's auto roller filter sump design at MACNA https://www.geosreef.com/product-category/equipment/sumps/sumps-afr/

Not sure on delivery. Shipping company is going to contact me this week. Those GEO sumps are amazing! Wow I'm kinda mad I already picked up a roller. 

• Like 1
tanacharison
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Called it 😁

Spot on! I got the 112 and its also the largest tank I've ever had. It's completely insane how heavy it is, guess that happens with thick glass.  I got the stand assembled yesterday and couldn't move the tank in with 2 people so I ordered a hydraulic table lift last night (wanted to get one to work on cars already). All goes to plan I'll start plumbing this thing up next week.

IMG_20190521_122955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 5
  • 2 weeks later...
tanacharison
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Coming together nicely. That sucks that there’s not enough room. Is that an external skimmer?  Love the color coded plumbing. 

I had a feeling it was going to be tight and I would live with it. After doing a few refill/maintenance simulations I realized I would have to break down plumbing to remove it each time. Feels like too much work now will only be a painful experience later on. 

The skimmer is external! I picked it up thinking I would use the skimmer section for the filter. I'm still going to give this massive thing a spin.

• 2 weeks later...
tanacharison

Should be wet by the weekend and start the adventures next week.. guess I need to clean this up into a tank journal at some point.

IMG_20190612_204654_780.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
24 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

Should be wet by the weekend and start the adventures next week.. guess I need to clean this up into a tank journal at some point.

IMG_20190612_204654_780.jpg

Looking good!! Question though.  I've never really seen a skimmer ran externally.. what happens in the cup over flows

• Like 1