Pod Your Reef

Bluefish Locations : New Updates

DaveFason

DaveFason

Hey guys,

Bluefish recently updated new locations and location update times for specific areas. You can choose from eight locations that will update every fifteen minutes. As normal you can choose other areas but they will only update every hour. 

New Bluefish GeolocationsNew Bluefish Geolocations

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 1
DaveFason
On 5/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, William said:

I’ve never understood this feature ... what does it actually do 

Simulates that areas weather. 

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Simulates that areas weather. 

While that is true, that explanation works for those who are intimately familiar with it. What is confusing is the interaction of this setting with your current schedule, and if this selection is required.

As a new Bluefish user myself, I woke up this morning wondering why my light weren't on. Turns out in my attempt to avoid cloudy weather the other day, I had Great Barrier reef selected which severely shortened my schedule (I have dynamic sunrise selected). And the information about the location and its affect on your schedule is hidden behind another icon click. 

I cannot figure out moonlights at all, which it appears is tied to the location. I have lunar cycles set, but so far over three nights, all I can get is lights on or off all night. Is it supposed to mimic moon rise and set based on the actual time of rise and set at your selected location? Perhaps it is because the lunar cycle is new, was at 6%, 9% the last two nights. I have my Night setting to something like 2.6% on my Truelumen actinics, and those lights were on all night. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the product, can't complain about the fast order processing, delivery and the feature set of the product. I just feel the information about setup is lacking. 

DaveFason
2 hours ago, Garf said:

While that is true, that explanation works for those who are intimately familiar with it. What is confusing is the interaction of this setting with your current schedule, and if this selection is required.

As a new Bluefish user myself, I woke up this morning wondering why my light weren't on. Turns out in my attempt to avoid cloudy weather the other day, I had Great Barrier reef selected which severely shortened my schedule (I have dynamic sunrise selected). And the information about the location and its affect on your schedule is hidden behind another icon click. 

I cannot figure out moonlights at all, which it appears is tied to the location. I have lunar cycles set, but so far over three nights, all I can get is lights on or off all night. Is it supposed to mimic moon rise and set based on the actual time of rise and set at your selected location? Perhaps it is because the lunar cycle is new, was at 6%, 9% the last two nights. I have my Night setting to something like 2.6% on my Truelumen actinics, and those lights were on all night. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the product, can't complain about the fast order processing, delivery and the feature set of the product. I just feel the information about setup is lacking. 

I would contact Spencer directly. I never use this feature because it is to limiting to what the simulated area is. Using a custom schedule provides a better light and consistent light. 

As well I am not sure if your Truelumens can dim the same as the NBR products I produce. 

What about Los Angeles time??  Haha.  I'm tempted to switch my volcano pico over to Kona time especially now that I have a Kona CUC in there.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

What about Los Angeles time??  Haha.  I'm tempted to switch my volcano pico over to Kona time especially now that I have a Kona CUC in there.

I would stick with the schedule. 

• Like 1