Coral Vue Hydros

First tank aquascape thoughts?

SEWiscoSaltLife

SEWiscoSaltLife

Hey all! While I’ve been researching the nano reef ways for several years (5+ at this point), I’m finally pulling the trigger and I was curious to see if anyone has any thoughts, suggestions and/or tips on this aquascape I set up for my 10 gallon. I know that outside of the tank it might be difficult to judge, but I’m currently letting that sit with some water in it overnight just to make sure there aren’t any leaks. At its highest point, the scape is just under 8 inches tall, with the tank being about 12 inches tall. Everything should be about 1.5 inches off the glass as well. 

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions are appreciated! Just figured I’d turn to people with experience quick to hear their thoughts before I permanently attach some of the little less stable pieces together on the left side. Thanks!

24271347-22A9-46EE-A75B-4D8CF70C96FF.jpeg

• Like 1
FISHnChix

I think it looks good. 😎.. I highly recommend reef welder to glue it together. Stuff is nice and fun to work with... just want to make sure its secure.  Sucks when I scape falls apart while cleaning.. 

Happy reefing

• Thanks 1
colinadam

Looks great, and yeah, some reef epoxy can do wonders for your sanity! 

What part of SE Wisco?

• Thanks 1
SEWiscoSaltLife
28 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I think it looks good. 😎.. I highly recommend reef welder to glue it together. Stuff is nice and fun to work with... just want to make sure its secure.  Sucks when I scape falls apart while cleaning.. 

Happy reefing

Awesome, thanks! And yeah, it’s pretty stable as is, but it’s just not something I want to risk if I don’t have to. Thanks for the tip on reef welder!

24 minutes ago, colinadam said:

Looks great, and yeah, some reef epoxy can do wonders for your sanity! 

What part of SE Wisco?

Thanks much! From everything I’ve read over the last few years, my sanity is exactly what I’m trying to save through this process! And I’m actually about 15 minutes outside of Lake Geneva, in the Elkhorn area. Nice area to live and grow up in, but you just don’t get enough of the Salt Life up here!