Pod Your Reef

Powerhead for IM Fusion 10

zak.payne

zak.payne

Is a powerhead needed for an IM Fusion 10? I plan to upgrade the return pump to a Sicce .5 (close to 200gph), so if I can get away without needed an extra powerhead, it's a win-win. I plan to make it a smaller mixed reef.

BearTheSquare

I’ve been running the sicce 1.0 in mine for about a month and a half now, and I don’t plan on adding a power head currently. It puts out lot of flow, but I might add a koralia 240 down the road depending on corals I decide to get.

gone_PHiSHin

i use a Sicce 1.0 with a Random Flow Generator attached, and an Aqamai KPS set pretty high in my mixed reef.  i like flow haha.

SaltyBuddha

Been running a 0.5 Sicce with a Hydor FLO deflector for two years.

Deflector works great. Just have to clean it with a toothbrush ever few weeks. 

I also have a 660 GPH eFlux Current USA powerhead surging at max flow.

Upgrading to a 1.0 Sicce this week actually. 

MrObscura

I upgraded to a IM mighty jet 326gph return with a random flow generator and still needed more flow, so I added an aqamai kps wavemaker, which I run on its highest sps preset. 

Its hard to have to much flow as long as it's random and indirect. I find all my corals appreciate it. But depending on what corals you have an upgraded return could be enough. 

I used to use one but upgraded the pump to a mighty jet and use and rfg nozzle, works great and no need for a powerhead to take up room.