Jump to content
NaturallyKait

Finding ammonia in Canada?

Recommended Posts

NaturallyKait

Yeah I’ve never ordered livestock online. Too nervous. My local LFS is tiny and usually has pretty small selection. When we go over to NS I pop into stores there to bring stuff home but that’s 4 hours away. Some of them will ship by bus same day though which isn’t awful but I’ve still been too nervous to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I ordered livestock twice. The second time was to replace the losses from the first order.

 

I won't do it again.

 

I order dry goods from reefsupplies.ca

 

I get it within 1-2 days 

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
On 2/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, NaturallyKait said:

East coast is starting to pick up in prices too. Here in PEI we’re in a housing crisis where home prices shot up very fast in comparison to wages, so while I’m sure the costs look reasonable if you’re looking at them from the West coast or Toronto when you factor in the wages here people are having to leave because they can’t afford to live anymore. Nova Scotia wasn’t much better when I lived there. 

im from nova scotia  nice to meet you 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
1 hour ago, naothan said:

im from nova scotia  nice to meet you 

I've always wanted to visit the East coast. 

 

Is the hobby very limited there? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I've always wanted to visit the East coast. 

 

Is the hobby very limited there? 

 

where i live it is ... Halifax has some stores for saltwater  .. i went the the pet value in bridgewater that has some freshwater fish and stuff,and asked .. do you have rodi water for sale. she did not  know what i was talking about., and  i explained,  she said we use tap water  lol...   so closest lfs to me is 1 hour 20 min 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
NaturallyKait

Yeah Halifax has a few good LFS, there’s one in Moncton too And I’m sure a few more in NB that I don’t know about because I don’t go further into NB than Moncton. One store in PEI here. PetSmart in a lot of places carries a few general things like the IO salts and API tests but no livestock. 

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, NaturallyKait said:

Yeah Halifax has a few good LFS, there’s one in Moncton too And I’m sure a few more in NB that I don’t know about because I don’t go further into NB than Moncton. One store in PEI here. PetSmart in a lot of places carries a few general things like the IO salts and API tests but no livestock. 

same  halifax is my only option really im rual so i doubt i could even get shipping 

Share this post


Link to post
Hingle
20 minutes ago, naothan said:

same  halifax is my only option really im rual so i doubt i could even get shipping 

Hey, another Nova Scotian here. I'm in Halifax which makes things a bit easier for me but I still find myself heading to the internet to track down a lot of the stuff I want.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
4 hours ago, Hingle said:

Hey, another Nova Scotian here. I'm in Halifax which makes things a bit easier for me but I still find myself heading to the internet to track down a lot of the stuff I want.

 

awsome !!!!!!!   im brawn new to the hobby so im not much help to you but this is good finding local people 

Share this post


Link to post
squamptonbc

So many from Nova Scotia here it seems...No me, I am stuck in Vancouver but at least we have once decent saltwater store who also sells online so I do 95% of my shopping there with the other 5% from bulk reef in the US, but live stock I just buy in person so I can see it, not worth the risk to ship.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...