inTank Media Baskets

Evo 13.5

Proxo

Hey peoples, i'm pretty new here and also new to the reef world - i've got a journal going in the nano reef journal section (not much going on yet).
Anyway back to this topic, i've got a fluval spec 60L and it has a weird intake screen.. (Picture below).

I've currently taken it off the spec and put it on the evo and filled it with filter floss, so most of the **** gets caught in there before clogging the back chambers up.
It's working very well but kind of annoying changing the floss more often, just thought i'd share this little trick as i'm sure you'll be able to buy these somewhere.

s-l640.jpg

• Like 2

Yup, i did - the only problem i had is as i'm using a stronger pump the water intake wasn't enough due to the floss so i had to turn the pump down.

I think I would rather put some filter floss in the back chambers somewhere to capture, rather than reduce the flow of the return.

It's ideal if you're running a skimmer in the first chamber, or if you're running a wavemaker then the reduced flow wouldn't be a problem.