Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Home Tank - Nope that was cracked

Ratvan

5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

That's fair enough, I'll keep looking around. Just getting a little tired of the same standard tanks

Lots of non-standard options these days, drop offs, full view lifeguard tanks, bow front, older hex styles, ect. 

I think the curved corner biocubes and stuff seem to hold together but they have bracing. Its the rimless curves one that had issues. Especially the older Nuvo's with the curved glass, tons of threads on them cracking/exploding back when they were popular. 

I think these are pretty neat, only 60 bucks and haven't seen many set up. Not sure you have this in the UK though.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Lifegard_Aquatics_Full_View_Aquarium_7_Gallon_(Tank_Only)-RB31738-FIAQNC-vi.html

• Like 3
pricewayne

Couple others may be interested in that are a bit atypical shape/size wise.

- Fluval Edge -- 6 gallon or 12 gallon. I have the 6g setup as freshwater. Cleaning is a PAIN in these tanks, just fyi

Fluval Sea/Evo -- 5 gallon or 13.5 gallon - peninsula style. I think the 5 gallon is actually more appealing than the 13.5 -- I have the 13.5 version and think at that size there are lots of other comparable tanks that may be better options (Innovative Marine).

- biOrb -- makes a bunch of different interesting shape//size tanks. I really don't know much about them, but visually they're quite appealing from pics lol.

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Lots of non-standard options these days, drop offs, full view lifeguard tanks, bow front, older hex styles, ect. 

I think the curved corner biocubes and stuff seem to hold together but they have bracing. Its the rimless curves one that had issues. Especially the older Nuvo's with the curved glass, tons of threads on them cracking/exploding back when they were popular. 

I think these are pretty neat, only 60 bucks and haven't seen many set up. Not sure you have this in the UK though.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Lifegard_Aquatics_Full_View_Aquarium_7_Gallon_(Tank_Only)-RB31738-FIAQNC-vi.html

Btw, I love this little tank!! Considering one of these to use as my QT tank on my new build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I'm going to hold out and see if i can pick up a biOrb 60 second hand if one ever appears or if I see something that I cannot say no to. If not will be looking around for the Aquael Sphere version probably the 45 as these are around 10 Gallons which is what i wanted as a minimum home reef tank.

Another option would be to look at picking up a Ciano Terrapin Tank (Long and Shallow)

Fluval Edge/Chi - The Worst Fluval's IMHO, cleaning was the worst. The filtration is appalling on these as well (at least that's what I've found) 

Really like the Chi as a tank only

Failing that I could pick up a Cheap Wavemaker and wait for my 10G Longs to become empty.