Coral Vue Hydros

wave maker placement (FLUVAL EVO)

Isaacthedev

Isaacthedev

just wondering where to place my wave maker in the fluvial evo, should I put it on the back wall where the filtration is? the opposite end? or should I put it in the center of the long part of the tank? looking for great flow

Isaacthedev
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Going to depend on your aquascape.. got pictures? Orginal return pump??

Original return pump here’s a photo of my tank 

F8D27E1B-F77F-45A9-8E9A-5DF9E2EC0EF6.jpeg

Isaacthedev
14 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Cool what wavemaker?? Is it setup to run full blast or pulse etc?

Siccee nano, originally on full blast, but I got a controller to make it on pulse, should I move it or is my placement okay?

I think it depends on what your corals need/want. I just added Current eFlux wave pump and controller, and installed it much like yours, on back wall, compartment one, below the intake. But my reasoning is that I can't stomach a pump in the front corner of a peninsula tank. Looks like hell. I have mine pointing up slightly, on a short cycle surge, a low gph setting. When I get corals, will probably change it to wave, and higher flow.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Isaacthedev said:

Siccee nano, originally on full blast, but I got a controller to make it on pulse, should I move it or is my placement okay?

Well looks like you jumped head first into sps haha so they like flow . I think your good on flow for now. Make sure the sps have good flow but not too violent.. as your tank matures you might find dead spots and see fish waste pile up in spots then you can adjust your flow if needed to try and keep the waste suspended so it can get filtered out..

Isaacthedev
19 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well looks like you jumped head first into sps haha so they like flow . I think your good on flow for now. Make sure the sps have good flow but not too violent.. as your tank matures you might find dead spots and see fish waste pile up in spots then you can adjust your flow if needed to try and keep the waste suspended so it can get filtered out..

Yeah, had to dive right in! They’re little frags from my Red Sea tank:)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Isaacthedev said:

Yeah, had to dive right in! They’re little frags from my Red Sea tank:)

Nice. Honestly buddy I cant speak on flow for sps not my thing.. if you have grown them before you know more than i do.. i still think your good but hopfully someone with more sps experience chimes in.  Happy reefing!😎