Horned Blenny

Clown crab

Juvi green porcelain crab

Anemone porcelain crab

Polka-dot hermit crab

Blue leg hermit crab

An algae eating slug

Various snails

A hot mixed mess of SPS/LPS/Softies/Macro/NPS and a sponge... 

8/1/19

MVIMG_20190801_184244

5/21/19

MVIMG_20190521_043458.thumb.jpg.63e9502b1610c81d4395642c0c6d5af5.jpg

I suppose I better get this hot mess started before the month ends and I forget to make a post.

First thing that happened is my dog broke the tank so I glued a piece of glass across the back and we are going to roll with it and hope it holds water.

While I wouldn't say these are my favorite snacks...a vitamin water and watermelon are what I'm snacking on at 2am before bed.

MVIMG_20190429_020632.thumb.jpg.ff1a4f747705fbab7b57436644a2ca0d.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

I can see it now, the jankiest tank having the nicest reef inside and taking this competition.  You might also need a funny window sticker for the front, and some duct tape for the rim.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Well...no sand yet or heater or a powerhead...but it does have some water as of today. Bring on the diatoms and uglies!!

Nothing to fancy to see...just a traditional little reef made from a broken tank and scraps of old equipment. I have no idea if the mangroves can survive my cats.

I think I sunk 15 bucks into it out of pocket.

MVIMG_20190502_215702.jpg

MVIMG_20190502_215738.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Well...no sand yet or heater or a powerhead...but it does have some water as of today. Bring on the diatoms and uglies!!

Nothing to fancy to see...just a traditional little reef. I have no idea if the mangroves can survive my cats.

I like that rock on the left. 

Soooooooo, should we start a pool on the mangroves vs. cats? 😄

• Haha 1
Snow_Phoenix
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Nothing to fancy to see...just a traditional little reef made from a broken tank and scraps of old equipment. I have no idea if the mangroves can survive my cats.

I think I sunk 15 bucks into it out of pocket.

I have a large rock piece similar to the one on your left. It currently has various SPS glued to it. 

Really like your scape! I contemplated using mangroves earlier on but my LFS only brings in large ones and I have a bird so giant mangrove plant = yummy chew stick. 😅

Can't wait to see this filled up with coral. 

• Like 1

I love the rock on the left also.  It looks like a prehistoric animal.  I think it will look cool covered in coral.

• Like 1
On 5/2/2019 at 11:55 PM, kimdawg said:

I love the rock on the left also.  It looks like a prehistoric animal.  I think it will look cool covered in coral.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, yoshii said:

Ooo love the scape! And the silicone on the back actually doesn't look too bad lol

On 5/3/2019 at 12:38 AM, 748S911 said:

Nice work on the aqua scape 

lol thanks, the tall rock covers the huge crack!

Diatoms have hit... omgomgomg

Also found a very MEAN BAD CRAB in one of my other tanks attacking one of my fish. He ran into a cave and I had to chisel him out, he had hoards of macro and dead snails and crap in there.

Will post pics of him in a sec... looks like this will be a pest pico. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Ooooh.  I would love to see that crab take on the Reefcleaners Gaudy Clown Crab. Battle of the century.  

• Haha 8
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Ooooh.  I would love to see that crab take on the Reefcleaners Gaudy Clown Crab. Battle of the century.  

Underground crab fighting ring.... 🤑

• Haha 6
57 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Gorilla crab?

No I don't think so....gorillas have white eyes?

It looks to be a Eriphia ferox (ferocious reef crab or devil crab?). It is aggressive and kills fish and snails and anything. I am not positive though but was the closest thing I could find. 

they are listed as a vunerable species if that is him.

It had a little graveyard and the cave it was in looked to be made by him. It had a small enterace the same width as him but the inside was hallowed out and large with his collections of bodies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuhzMq0gi_X1LFOUzcnsG

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

He looks like a punk. 

If he disappears...I am checking the dryer first. 😉 😛

• Haha 4

What a scary looking creeper!  Looks like he'd as soon stab you as anything!

A while back, someone on here had a pom pom crab in a pico. She took a video of the pom pom trying to carry 3 or 4 baby hermits back to her lair...

I think that pom pom was related to Shelby (the pom pom I had in my first tank on here).

• Like 3