allesluge

Long time lurker, first janky Pico Reef

allesluge

Made a small modification on the hob filter to house heater and temperature probe 🙏🏻Let’s hope it does not leak

• Like 1

MetaTank

I hope it doesn’t leak too! If it works, great idea! I guess the heater is “on” all the time and you use the probe to turn the power to the heater off and on, correct?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

allesluge
32 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Nice 

Mines was like back in 2010, and ended up burning all my corals, and scraped everything including tank.  

I’m sorry to hear that, I guess light was not dimmable, and you could not adjust light height 

allesluge
25 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I hope it doesn’t leak too! If it works, great idea! I guess the heater is “on” all the time and you use the probe to turn the power to the heater off and on, correct?

Yes, that is the idea, the probe send signal to controller and then controller power on the heater or the fan as needed. I am going to install the fan on he lid of Hob filter. It should work better than just the heater

748S911

It was dimmable, but I had them cranked up full blast all the time smh.  I got out of leds after that, and didnt return back to them until 2016 on my 300 gallon peninsula.  and loved them, they were chinese black box wifi and fuly controllable with two 400 watt mh.  My corals and fish loved it, Im def old school when I comes to lighting.  

allesluge
9 hours ago, 748S911 said:

It was dimmable, but I had them cranked up full blast all the time smh.  I got out of leds after that, and didnt return back to them until 2016 on my 300 gallon peninsula.  and loved them, they were chinese black box wifi and fuly controllable with two 400 watt mh.  My corals and fish loved it, Im def old school when I comes to lighting.  

That’s a great combo metal halide with leds. you could make a tan room

• Haha 1