Top Shelf Aquatics

7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

Such a small fish! Looking strong  :]  

Thanks @Wonderboy it’s so small it was having hard time to scape surface skimmer, luckily this model have a valve to adjust flow.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Wow that’s some serious looking switches and camera set up! Sweet, I like it! 

Thanks @748S911, it’s hard to get true colors on the dslr but the image is better than phone camera. The control is still a work in progress 🤫half switches don’t work 🤭

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
On 6/13/2019 at 5:29 PM, allesluge said:

trying to get a descent photo from the pico, did not succeed, however new additions seems happy in the tank 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Congrats on your first coral additions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Long due update, after loosing little clown fish due ammonia spike, wanted to throw the towel, then I decide I have to rescue what was still alive. So rearrange the scape put some sand and many water changes, after it seems more stable. add a sexy shrimp it is amazingly tinny I am thinking to add other two. and added some frags of purple hammer and a torch

2A49A6FE-403B-4F2A-B8B5-8872C69AD8D7.jpeg

FDC51531-9852-4BDA-BAC2-A55ABC634D81.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks @seabass and @Ratvan;I might have made an impulse buy 🤭. I would love to get a possum wrasse or an elegant blenny (Omobranchus elegans) for this tank 

Have to make some modification to filter 

4081E8C3-880B-40C7-B641-69339CEC9CBA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Did some maintenance to the tank, made an algae scraper to clean the glass, and took some pictures. still waiting for the hang kit for the Light. The Pom Pom Crab still MIA. The porcelain crab seems doing well.

What Would you recommend me for ATO?

DSC_2165.JPG

DSC_2168.JPG

DSC_2178.JPG

• Like 5
4 hours ago, allesluge said:

Did some maintenance to the tank, made an algae scraper to clean the glass, and took some pictures. still waiting for the hang kit for the Light. The Pom Pom Crab still MIA. The porcelain crab seems doing well.

What Would you recommend me for ATO?

DSC_2165.JPG

DSC_2168.JPG

DSC_2178.JPG

Tank looks amazing, I take it the latest order was the Euphyllia's?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Tank looks amazing, I take it the latest order was the Euphyllia's?

Thanks @Ratvan last order was some frags of acan, zoas, war coral, one favia and 3 monti, the favia and the monti did not make it😔; I think due to poor feeding and wrong light setting 🤔or maybe water quality, I need to glue the frags on the rock. Everything is on the sand now.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally could install the hd prime, I think it is a bit overkill but I really like it. I notice an infestation of bubble algae on many frags, would be advisable to get an emerald crab? Life stock at the moment is one porcelain crab, two sexy shrimp 3 cerith snails, and one Pom Pom crab (MIA)

1F3F5E26-F2D2-44BF-96D7-D1584FB37383.jpeg

12 hours ago, allesluge said:

I notice an infestation of bubble algae on many frags, would be advisable to get an emerald crab?

I wasn't able to get rid of bubble algae using an Emerald crab.  It ate bubble algae; but in the process, it spread.  So I can't wholeheartedly endorse getting one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I did a manual removal of the bubble algae, it seems to have worked. I noticed salt creeping in the hob filter pump, so I replace it with an aquaclear 30. Added one cerith and 3 nasarius snails. From the three Euphyllia frags only one seems happy. My war coral died unexpectedly. I think I am able to breed a high amount of copepods thought. Some of them very big. It seems they are not interested in the zonas and the Euphyllias. I wonder if they could have eaten my war coral. The Pico is still hanging in there

6197E53C-82F4-4426-B0FB-7008061F7919.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

Hey @allesluge! 👋 Can you believe it has been 7 months already?!

This is a friendly reminder to post your final competition FTS and a 1 to 2 paragraph recap of your experience in the pico reef competition. Be sure to share your future plans for your pico reef as well, will it continue forward or get an upgrade? The competition ends on Sunday October 27th at midnight! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

20191024_181230.thumb.jpg.0ffc4130bfa6d9a0261ae77bf4510724.jpg

October FTS

Finally could make a water change and take a decent photo, it has been a joy to be part of this contest. It has been a great learning experience specially failures, losing my first fish, and some sps frags make want  to quit, but the remaining life in the tank helped me to decide to keep it going.

I love the concept of "old school" reefing  a 2.5 gal tank with a HOB filter. However I found difficult to have an aquascape pleasant to my eyes, and easy to clean. This tank will be replaced with 7.5 gal cube with a bigger filter in a short period of time. I will try to keep KISS principle. And add more LPS specially  euphilias  and acans, which I found amazing and not so difficult to take care of, and maybe 2 gobies. Or a bleny.

In the inmediate time I will start cycle in the wife's 14 gal bio cube I which I will rehome the damsel fish I have currently in the pico.

20191024_183407.thumb.jpg.69ab3708aad0220d299674f4fe14900c.jpg

I want to thank all nano reef members for all the support and knowledge sharing. 

• Like 6