Pod Your Reef

I hope it doesn’t leak too! If it works, great idea! I guess the heater is “on” all the time and you use the probe to turn the power to the heater off and on, correct?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Nice 

Mines was like back in 2010, and ended up burning all my corals, and scraped everything including tank.  

I’m sorry to hear that, I guess light was not dimmable, and you could not adjust light height 

25 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I hope it doesn’t leak too! If it works, great idea! I guess the heater is “on” all the time and you use the probe to turn the power to the heater off and on, correct?

Yes, that is the idea, the probe send signal to controller and then controller power on the heater or the fan as needed. I am going to install the fan on he lid of Hob filter. It should work better than just the heater

• Like 1

It was dimmable, but I had them cranked up full blast all the time smh.  I got out of leds after that, and didnt return back to them until 2016 on my 300 gallon peninsula.  and loved them, they were chinese black box wifi and fuly controllable with two 400 watt mh.  My corals and fish loved it, Im def old school when I comes to lighting.  

9 hours ago, 748S911 said:

It was dimmable, but I had them cranked up full blast all the time smh.  I got out of leds after that, and didnt return back to them until 2016 on my 300 gallon peninsula.  and loved them, they were chinese black box wifi and fuly controllable with two 400 watt mh.  My corals and fish loved it, Im def old school when I comes to lighting.  

That’s a great combo metal halide with leds. you could make a tan room

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update, heater and temp probe did not leak, so I fill the pico with salt water and bacteria to began cicle 🤞🏻Hope it doesn’t take too long.

• Like 7

Good to see you have water in there & your rocks have really cool shapes!!

What's the line coming out of the bottom of your hob? Is that your temp probe?

Whenever you're able, could you take a step back & take a picture of the whole setup? I'm curious what your light fixture/pipe ended up looking like, for future reference.

Thank you @Wendy ; yes it’s temperature probe. The wires are inside a stainless steel sleeve mesh for improved durability. I will take a picture from the back when I arrange the wires

2B4972F0-5208-4E37-8B73-87F20D429581.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

That's a great idea, installing your temp probe like that @allesluge!

Gosh, the wires are just a PITA, aren't they!?! I just got most of mine organized & bundled up, it was a total mess.

Is your tank sitting on styrofoam? 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Wendy said:

That's a great idea, installing your temp probe like that @allesluge!

Gosh, the wires are just a PITA, aren't they!?! I just got most of mine organized & bundled up, it was a total mess.

Is your tank sitting on styrofoam? 

3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Looks like it is. Old school leveling mat.

Yes it’s styrofoam, it was liying around from packaging. It works well, I used once for a 5 gal guppie tank back in the days

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Cool probe, nice tonga branch. 

Thanks, probe was a freebie with the temperature controller 😌

Small update, had to remove the sand it was a real pain; and discover the bottom glass has some kind of coating that works almost like a mirror. I also installed a su farce skimmer; the one that came with the filter suck air and put a lot of micro bubbles on the tank. I will check amonia if it is within the levels I will pick my first coral tomorrow. Would be posible to house in this Pico a small clown, or a damsel fish, then rehome when it outgrows the tank?? Also any suggestion on what to look for choosing a RFA would be highly appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
5 hours ago, allesluge said:

Also any suggestion on what to look for choosing a RFA would be highly appreciated.

What, from a LFS?  Its color shouldn't look faded/bleached.  The skirt should be completely intact, and it should be firmly attached by its foot.  Don't let the employee peel it off of a rock (which will damage its foot).  Just pick one that you like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

trying to get a descent photo from the pico, did not succeed, however new additions seems happy in the tank 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 3
  • Wow 1