Coral Vue Hydros

Hi to all

I have been lurking in this forum for a few years waiting to get involved in this beautiful hobby. Not having the time, enough knowledge, space, or resources, I procrastinated the start up of my 14 gal bio cube. On my daily lurking schedule I read Christopher Marks announcement   for the Old School  2.5 gal Pico Reef competition. And as life has settle down a bit I think it’s time to  begin. I don’t run for the price, I run for the joy, and to keep a continuos advance in my Pico reef and to keep track of it. I am very excited, it is a great forum, because of all of you, and the best way to learn and share knowledge.

Equipment at the moment:

1. janky tank 2.5 gal
  2. janky light
  3. temperature controller tk4s-14rr
  4. Hang on back  filter bio pro hf600

livestock

• green star polyp
  • clove polyp coral
  • purple tip australian hammer 
  • few zoa frags
  • 2 acan frags
  • green-purple splashed hammer
  • war coral frag
  • green favia frag
  • 3 monti frags

inverts

• 3 dwarft cerits
  • one porcelain crab
  • one pom pom crab (MIA)
  • 2 sexy shrimp

fish

small clown fish  gone in an amonia rise

Janky tank with chocolate bunny inside. BCD5D0AD-FE4A-4F83-8E29-EC46F649F391.thumb.jpeg.75bb01c13e6bd304be91c7cffaf413c7.jpeg

leak  and filter pump test

AD259F53-5D0B-4F82-A32E-06B475C9390D.thumb.jpeg.585301b559b1839e47fabb38aa5560a0.jpeg

June 13 2019 FTS

August FTS

DSC_2187.thumb.JPG.7a6a3a153bef03c3fd187bbdded58e3d.JPG

Edited by allesluge
update
  • Like 9
20 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I like the color on that rim as well!

Thanks, I like it too, I am  a huge fan of your volcano 

42 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

welcome to the contest. Cool orange trim.

Thanks, sales girl had to take it from the bottom of a pile, there were also blue and black, but this catch my eye

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Wingy said:

I like it too.  It is very 70's.  

Thanks, I don’t know why the color remind me a Dodge Charger; old school

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @allesluge, so glad you’re joining in the pico reef competition! The orange trim should really glow under a blue LED, very cool! 🙂

Thanks for making this great site. I should have asked Janky light also in Orange trim😑 to match color theme.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, yoshii said:

:welcome:

Wow love the trim! I didn't even know any company made 2.5s with trim colors other than black

Thanks @yoshii I wanted something without a trim but could not find any. I am glad I walk in to that store and  for the equivalent of 4 USD  it was a bargain. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lingwendil said:

"Factory orange" Is a good color on there, should be nice contrast to the blue, and I bet it will glow a bit 🙂

I will try to get a pic with lamp 😎today

4 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

That trim is the coolest! 

Haven’t seen any other trim unless black before, It was the last one in that color😬

allesluge
17 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Very cool, love the pop in colour. So different from what we are used to seeing.

It really caught the eye. However it does not glow under blue light😔 the pigment might not be fluorescent. 

The wife help me choose the place for the tank, need to do some rewiring to hide the power outlets. Put some freshwater in it to try some sand wifey brought from a near beach. I think I am going to use it

7DAD38B4-C4CF-471B-8BC6-36C2E5F2D468.jpeg

A0D4AD7D-484E-4DC0-A41B-23F6C7E0D598.jpeg

• Like 5

The orange trim is neat! The sand is a nice color but if it is fine-grained, be careful with it.  I caused, or at least contributed to, a tank crash with fine-grained sand when I added a powerhead, sand blew onto my ricordea, and they didn't like it and melted and boom...(the exterminator had also come to spray the apartment so it may also have done something to cause it, but the sand irritating the ricordea definitely contributed).

allesluge
15 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

That sand is some quite nice looking stuff!

Thanks it looks really good

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

The orange trim is neat! The sand is a nice color but if it is fine-grained, be careful with it.  I caused, or at least contributed to, a tank crash with fine-grained sand when I added a powerhead, sand blew onto my ricordea, and they didn't like it and melted and boom...(the exterminator had also come to spray the apartment so it may also have done something to cause it, but the sand irritating the ricordea definitely contributed).

Yes I know what you mean, I had to clean filter floss 3 times it got clogged. It moves like sand dunes with water flow. However I like it I will continue checking  during cycling, after getting final aquascape. If I had to increase water movement, I will need to change it

15 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I love that sand!!! Brown sand with orange trim looks great 👍 

Yes definitely colors pair very well

• Like 4
ChristopherDido

I know it's been said but I love that trim... Makes me want to paint mine, over never seen anything like that in my area. Good luck

• Thanks 1