ReefCleaners.org

Copperband

Rosem89

Hi I’m looking for some more advice I’ve always wanted a copperband but always been put off and never considered one  knowing they can be hard to get eating and fragile in aquarium, how ever I found the other day eating frozen like a pig actually poking out of the water for the food when the lady was coming near it to feed them, she has had him in 3 /4 weeks now, I’ve reserved it but I’m still not sure whether to risk it or not? What’s others opinions/experience with this fish thanks 

On 4/27/2019 at 3:22 AM, Rosem89 said:

Hi I’m looking for some more advice I’ve always wanted a copperband but always been put off and never considered one  knowing they can be hard to get eating and fragile in aquarium, how ever I found the other day eating frozen like a pig actually poking out of the water for the food when the lady was coming near it to feed them, she has had him in 3 /4 weeks now, I’ve reserved it but I’m still not sure whether to risk it or not? What’s others opinions/experience with this fish thanks 

How large is your tank? 

I would buy it if I had a very large tank with lots of grazing/mature rock and no aggressive fish or bitchy tangs.

I wouldn't put it in a nano. That is a good way to shorten the life of an already fragile fish. 

• Like 3

It’s a Red Sea 250 no tangs and I’ve tried to get as peaceful as I can with the fish as I don’t want issues further down the line, so clowns bangaii cardinals, clown goby, Midas blenny, and leopard wrasse, and an very tiny porcupine puffer but he won’t be in long term just untill he’s big enough and will be moved on to a larger tank FFA2784A-FA12-4D0F-AE0D-DFB89DE20DAA.thumb.jpeg.c4679adbe3f4aa45d77401f5637950c3.jpeg

On 4/28/2019 at 1:39 PM, Melfy77 said:

Never owned one but they are beautiful fish! If it's eating and been there for some time it's good. Does it look in good shape ? Looking "fat" and healthy ? 😉

Found this article online, very interesting

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/buyer-beware-the-copperband-butterflyfish-chelmon-rostratus-full-article.htm

it’s one I’ve always wanted to get, but I don’t want to risk it if it’s not going to be a good choice I will take a look at that thank you