Coral Vue Hydros

Care Guide on my new purchases.

3s1k

I did the Unique Coral live sale last weekend and grabbed a few pieces I wasn't familiar with. I just received them and have some questions

1. Galaxea coral - I read they like medium light/flow. They have long sweepers so dont place them close to anything else. Are they safe to place the 2 drags together or will sting each other?

2. Hydnophora - All the info I find is on branching and mine looks like encrusting. I have it on the sand in medium flow and light.Screenshot_20190421-151742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94aae112a170148a321021a1d6d5dee2.jpg

Screenshot_20190421-110642_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 3s1k said:

I did the Unique Coral live sale last weekend and grabbed a few pieces I wasn't familiar with. I just received them and have some questions

1. Galaxea coral - I read they like medium light/flow. They have long sweepers so dont place them close to anything else. Are they safe to place the 2 drags together or will sting each other?

2. Hydnophora - All the info I find is on branching and mine looks like encrusting. I have it on the sand in medium flow and light.Screenshot_20190421-151742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94aae112a170148a321021a1d6d5dee2.jpg

Screenshot_20190421-110642_Chrome.jpg

Looks like some nice frags. 😊

Hydnophora and Galaxea are both very mean corals so be careful. Don’t let them near anything. My Galaxea has 9” sweepers on occasion. The Hydnophora doesnt send out sweepers but will murder anything that touches it. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:41 PM, WV Reefer said:

Looks like some nice frags. 😊

Hydnophora and Galaxea are both very mean corals so be careful. Don’t let them near anything. My Galaxea has 9” sweepers on occasion. The Hydnophora doesnt send out sweepers but will murder anything that touches it. 

Where do you have yours placed at?

I got these 3 across as well. The Green Acro on the far left is all white this morning. The other 2 look the same.

Any thoughts? Maybe to much light? I have a Kessil A360we and my tank is a IM Lagoon 25.

20190426_175721.jpg

Screenshot_20190421-103338_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1