Coral Vue Hydros

Barnacle or tube worm growing from torch? Good or bad ?

pricewayne

I’ve had my torch for about a month and a half and just noticed what appears to be a tube worm or barnacle growing from its base? Not positive which or even if it’s either of those. Pics are below. Not sure if I should let it grow or try to remove... or how to remove. Appreciate any help 🙃

If you look at the base of the heads it seems to be growing from there

3D8E156F-0804-4C28-B46B-14BA59DD500E.thumb.png.e4f8eab8c2ee690a3bc0605c14a0e943.png

And if its it’s hard to make out in the pic I traced its shape. These aren’t actual colors, just to help make out its shape.

79A374DF-1AA3-4351-9F7E-4A7CDB703CD0.thumb.jpeg.8717019c3c0358d2f7e745069d1d64c2.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

i think that might be a vermetid snail and not a worm. 

maybe someone else can confirm or deny...  

I looked into the vermetids and it doesn't appear to be one. Unless vermetids have a feather duster like extension? The vermetids appear to have a harder shell tubing and don't fan out their extensions. I could easily be wrong, though lol.

2 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

I looked into the vermetids and it doesn't appear to be one. Unless vermetids have a feather duster like extension? The vermetids appear to have a harder shell tubing and don't fan out their extensions. I could easily be wrong, though lol.

Definitely not a vermetid. Looks like a basic feather duster to me. It shouldn’t be a problem under there. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Definitely not a vermetid. Looks like a basic feather duster to me. It shouldn’t be a problem under there. 

Sweet! It's kind of cute 🙂 

• Like 1