Coral Vue Hydros

Curly q or tiger pistol shrimp?

Krae

I’m going to do all symbiotic pairs in this aquarium. I was going to buy a yellow watchman goby and I would like to pair with a shrimp but I’m not sure which one. Will the curly q pair as easy as the tiger? Or should I wait on the randalli ones to come back in stock? 

MainelyReefer

If you have a yellow watchman Goby they pair easiest with a tiger pistol IME.  My YWG was once paired with a Randall’s and he wasn’t as enthusiastic as he is now with his tiger pistol who is never out of his reach.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Krae said:

I’m going to do all symbiotic pairs in this aquarium. I was going to buy a yellow watchman goby and I would like to pair with a shrimp but I’m not sure which one. Will the curly q pair as easy as the tiger? Or should I wait on the randalli ones to come back in stock? 

My YWG is paired with a Tiger. They are fun to watch. 😊

1 hour ago, portmanteaux said:

I believe curly que pistols will only pair with the Bartholomea annulata anemone. A tiger would pair up quickly and easily, though

Thank you guys. The LiveAquaria description sounds like it would pair with a goby as well. Tiger it is. 

• Like 1