Pod Your Reef

Back into the Reefer game

JTfromthe313

JTfromthe313

Started my first reef tank since i shut down my last one when I lived in LA.  I am back in Michigan and have a new water box.

Already had an algae outbreak and fought it off. Currently growing some frags out. 

IM Fusion 20 

AI Prime

Aqamai KPS Powerhead

In tank media baskets

IM Media Reactor

Smart Micro ATO

Livestock

2 clowns- Black Ice and Snowflake

1-tailspot blenny

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, JTfromthe313 said:

Started my first reef tank since i shut down my last one when I lived in LA.  I am back in Michigan and have a new water box.

Already had an algae outbreak and fought it off. Currently growing some frags out. 

IM Fusion 20 

AI Prime

Aqamai KPS Powerhead

In tank media baskets

IM Media Reactor

Livestock

2 clowns- Black Ice and Snowflake

1-tailspot blenny

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

Looks good so far! 😀

• Like 2
JTfromthe313
1 hour ago, jakesweep said:

Nice. What are your first impressions on the IM tank? I've been eyeing the 30L.

I like it a lot. Had a biocube for my first tank and this blows it away. Look is amazing. I have an AI prime over it now. Def. will need two at some point. I need to upgrade the stock pump though. Its in my office and its annoying AF. Other than that i love it.

• Like 1
JTfromthe313
17 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Congrats on your new system @JTfromthe313! Thanks for sharing the journey with us 🙂

What kinds of coral do you have planned for the future?

Thank you. I will be doing a mixed reef. Just a few SPS though. I prefer the movement of LPS and soft corals. I will also try for a Zoa garden....... We shall see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I use the Sicce 1.5 in my IM 20 and it's much quieter than the stock pump, stock pump was obnoxiously loud. I'm also using the AI Prime and have a second if I decide to run it as well. 

JTfromthe313
On 4/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, DFL18 said:

I use the Sicce 1.5 in my IM 20 and it's much quieter than the stock pump, stock pump was obnoxiously loud. I'm also using the AI Prime and have a second if I decide to run it as well. 

So funny i have the 1.5 in my cart right now on marine depot. Leaving to LA for a week so i will wait to buy. This IM pump is driving me insane have to turn up my Sonos to drown it out. Thanks for the recommendation. 

That seems like an excessive amount of flow for a 20. I was running a 30 with a sump on a 1.5 and that was still a bit much. I say get a smaller quieter pump and a power head