Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spectral controller

Pantera61

So I have an A80 running on my tank right now and I'm looking at getting a controller.  Kessil has the spectral and the spectral X.  Both can be used with a wide array of Kessil lights but I want to know which is a better piece of equipment and who has experience with them.  They are both the same price so it's really just a matter of function.

• Like 1

These two controllers have essentially the same functionality, with the only difference being that the Spectral Controller X is equipped with a K-Link cable that interfaces with Kessil's latest generation of lights, and also has a few additional minor features (I think). For the A80 you can use either controller, but be advised that in order to connect the Spectral Controller X to your A80 you will need a 3.5mm Kessil unit link cable (this one), which is not included with the X. 

Interestingly, I also have an A80 and purchased the A-Series controller for it (which does come with a 3.5mm cable), but BRS sent me an X model anyway. I had to contact them and inform them that the X only includes a K-Link cable, which does not interface with A80 lights. They sent me the cable I needed for free, but it was still a bit of a strange situation. If you're buying from BRS I advise you to let them know that you intend to use your controller with an A80 light and that whatever model they send you needs to have a 3.5mm unit link cable with it as well! 😄