Jump to content
Christopher Marks

Nano-Reef.com 18th Birthday! T-Shirt & Sticker Giveaway 🎉

Recommended Posts

RoboNarples2929

Been a few months since I was last on here and I return to celebration! Happy 18th NR! This site has been so helpful over the past 4 years and without it I definitely wouldn't be where I am today.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ServingAces15

Congrats on the 18 years!! So happy to be a part of this forum and the great community here. One of my most memorable memories was when my tank crashed last summer due to my tank getting accidentally shut off by a real estate photographer who was photographing my parents’ house. I lost my pearly jawfish and my female clownfish. I was so devistated I almost wanted to just sell my tank and be done with it. But this community was so helpful and supportive during that time that I stuck with it and now not only did my tank jump back but I have since upgraded it to a larger tank! (Pictured bellow, a year ago-now)

63A6B421-095F-48F7-A115-F5824B11DA7C.jpeg

E53DEE0B-C4F1-423F-A280-405CC6E502F0.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Happy Birthday Nano-Reef!   I actually joined on my birthday back in 2017 as a birthday gift to myself.  That may seem a little strange but it's been a gift that just keeps on giving and giving.  I've "met" so many fun and interesting people here and I've learned so much in a very short time. This place is a refuge for me and I plan on being here for a long time to come.  

 

I started my reefing journey with a reef bowl because I was absolutely amazed by @natalia_la_loca's bowl. It was also a good way to get into the hobby fairly inexpensively. 
Then one night, I was hanging out with my daughter and the 100 Days of Nano's contest announcement was posted and she said "Dad, you gotta do that!"  So I did and had such a good time,  although it was a bit stressful being my first "real" tank.   During that contest, I fell in love with RFA's, which has led me to my 45 gallon with somewhere around 100 adult RFA's and probably around 200 juveniles and babies - too many to count anyway!    And now, because I miss my reefbowl (and coral) so much, I've joined the Old School Pico contest and I'm thrilled to have a small tank again to jam pack with corals!   Here's to another 18 years N-R!  I wonder how many tanks I'll have in that time???

 

Here's a pic of my 45g in the morning sun since I don't have a thread for my Flower Farm tank!  (Old school pico in the background while it was still in the planning stages!)

 

32907973497_d8550a2843_b.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

Thanks everyone who posted fun memories and photos! ❤️ The 18 t-shirt & sticker recipients will be notified later today 🙂.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
14 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Happy Birthday Nano-Reef!   I actually joined on my birthday back in 2017 as a birthday gift to myself.  That may seem a little strange but it's been a gift that just keeps on giving and giving.  I've "met" so many fun and interesting people here and I've learned so much in a very short time. This place is a refuge for me and I plan on being here for a long time to come.  

 

I started my reefing journey with a reef bowl because I was absolutely amazed by @natalia_la_loca's bowl. It was also a good way to get into the hobby fairly inexpensively. 
Then one night, I was hanging out with my daughter and the 100 Days of Nano's contest announcement was posted and she said "Dad, you gotta do that!"  So I did and had such a good time,  although it was a bit stressful being my first "real" tank.   During that contest, I fell in love with RFA's, which has led me to my 45 gallon with somewhere around 100 adult RFA's and probably around 200 juveniles and babies - too many to count anyway!    And now, because I miss my reefbowl (and coral) so much, I've joined the Old School Pico contest and I'm thrilled to have a small tank again to jam pack with corals!   Here's to another 18 years N-R!  I wonder how many tanks I'll have in that time???

 

Here's a pic of my 45g in the morning sun since I don't have a thread for my Flower Farm tank!  (Old school pico in the background while it was still in the planning stages!)

 

32907973497_d8550a2843_b.jpg

 

 

 

That's a great shot!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb_00
On 5/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Thanks everyone who posted fun memories and photos! ❤️ The 18 t-shirt & sticker recipients will be notified later today 🙂.

You forgot to send me a message :rant:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

Thank you everyone for sharing your memories and birthday wishes! It's amazing how far we have come together, I'm looking forward to many more great years!

 

Now that I've heard back from (almost) all the winners, here's the official list of people to be a little bit jealous of 😄.

  1. @748S911
  2. @dchisenh
  3. @Firefish15
  4. @got2envy
  5. @kimdawg
  6. @lizzyann
  7. @MetaTank
  8. @mitten_reef
  9. @patback
  10. @Scorched
  11. @SeaFurn
  12. @shaneandjohn
  13. @Snow_Phoenix
  14. @spazizz
  15. @Tamberav
  16. @TatorTaco
  17. @TILTON
  18. @vlangel

Congrats to the winners, your t-shirts and stickers will be going out in the mail this week! 🎉

  • Like 10
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Thank you everyone for sharing your memories and birthday wishes! It's amazing how far we have come together, I'm looking forward to many more great years!

 

Now that I've heard back from (almost) all the winners, here's the official list of people to be a little bit jealous of 😄.

  1. @748S911
  2. @dchisenh
  3. @Firefish15
  4. @got2envy
  5. @kimdawg
  6. @lizzyann
  7. @MetaTank
  8. @mitten_reef
  9. @patback
  10. @Scorched
  11. @SeaFurn
  12. @shaneandjohn
  13. @Snow_Phoenix
  14. @spazizz
  15. @Tamberav
  16. @TatorTaco
  17. @TILTON
  18. @vlangel

Congrats to the winners, your t-shirts and stickers will be going out in the mail this week! 🎉

Really, thank you for everything you do. You’ve kept the site going strong for 18 years, and we wouldn’t have had this opportunity without you.  I would have never started my first reef tank 8 years ago if it were not for Nano-Reef

 

Truly, we are lucky to have a community founder as awesome as you!!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Firefish15

@Christopher Marks Thanks for hosting the drawing, and for keeping Nano-Reef running as smoothly as it does! Happy to be a part of this great community!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
TILTON

Thanks for the awesome website over the years!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

:haha:omgomgomg:bowdown::happydance:

 

 

@Christopher Marks GOAT!

 

 

Thanks for everything, truly an amazing site! Glad to be a part of it!  HBD NR! 🎈

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
13 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Thank you everyone for sharing your memories and birthday wishes! It's amazing how far we have come together, I'm looking forward to many more great years!

 

Now that I've heard back from (almost) all the winners, here's the official list of people to be a little bit jealous of 😄.

  1. @748S911
  2. @dchisenh
  3. @Firefish15
  4. @got2envy
  5. @kimdawg
  6. @lizzyann
  7. @MetaTank
  8. @mitten_reef
  9. @patback
  10. @Scorched
  11. @SeaFurn
  12. @shaneandjohn
  13. @Snow_Phoenix
  14. @spazizz
  15. @Tamberav
  16. @TatorTaco
  17. @TILTON
  18. @vlangel

Congrats to the winners, your t-shirts and stickers will be going out in the mail this week! 🎉

Kinda weird must me a typo my names not on the list🤨... you sir need a swag section to purchase merch .. I would gladly pay for a sticker and shirt

  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
11 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Kinda weird must me a typo my names not on the list🤨... you sir need a swag section to purchase merch .. I would gladly pay for a sticker and shirt

+1

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
40 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

you sir need a swag section to purchase merch .. I would gladly pay for a sticker and shirt

I agree. I’m also pretty sure some creative members would gladly create some designs for free!

29 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

+1

+2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...