inTank Media Baskets

Nano-Reef.com 18th Birthday! T-Shirt & Sticker Giveaway ๐ŸŽ‰

Christopher Marks

Scotty Amen

Happy birthday nano-reef!!

I'm still a newb and am in the learning phase.ย  My first clownfish arrive in the mail today from LiveAquaria.

Really appreciate this place and all the members who have helped me learn so much so fast.

• Like 7

I don't really think I should be entered into any kind of drawing given how new my actual account is, but I've been lurking and reading through project and animal threads here since I was in junior college nearly ten years ago.

And so I just wanted to say thank you and congratulations, this community is really something special and I hope it continues to grow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

About a year ago (feels like a lot longer)ย I bought a complete, running reef setup from a local hobbyist. It took a while before I knew how everything worked to where I didn't need to look around for answers or ask around. Now I'm able to spread my knowledge I've gained onto people who were in my situation, new reefers.

My favorite part of my first tank was my deresa clam. If I could have it in my 20 gallon long-term I would. If not for this community I'm not so sure he would have lived as long as he did. It was people's help here that told me how to take better care of it and pointed me in the right direction.

15388540316295960188493257736400.jpg.0107da3d5fc282c92380e999c58f2c65.jpg

Thanks for the forum and everything you do for it CM!

• Like 4

Well Happy Birthday NR and congrats CMย :wink:ย 

ย 

Just a great forum with a lot of smart people that are willing to help out...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.

ย 

Always had freshwater tanks as a kid and well early 90s jumped into the saltwater tanks...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.miss the old gym light halides that would also heat your tank at the same time...โ€ฆ..and of course back then it was the brick cell phone so no pics...โ€ฆ..

ย 

Well here is to another 18 years...โ€ฆโ€ฆ...omgomgomg

• Like 7
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I have only been here for about aย year, but I have learned a life times worth of information. Thank you everyone who has taken their time to help me. I know itโ€™s been rough the time Iโ€™ve been here, but it finally looks like everything is getting better. I just really appreciate everything everyone has done for me on here. Iโ€™ve made a lot of friends and met people who are kind and just want to help me and my tank. I have gotten a lot of criticism, but only bc the things that I did were kinda stupid and nooby. But in the long run, everyone has helped me in some form or another. Justย thank you everyone.

• Like 7

omgomgomgomgomgomgHAPPY BUSINESS BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY CM!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg

ย 

Forfeit my entry but here are a few pics

ย 

Sweet Eclipse 12 with Engineered corals from Wal*Mart

- February 2007

ย 

cimg2834.jpg?t=1556040874&_ga=2.16486610

ย 

Sea Monkeys on Marsยฎ 12oz AIO

- July 2008

ย 

IMG_4797.jpg&key=65052135c066042b9c7029f

ย 

IMG_5788.jpg&key=d8a8ac5aa873085075ce1e1

ย 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
thecoralbeauty

I've been lurking on this forum since my first tank, and finally decided to join a few years ago. Since doing so, I've found this to be the most nicely organized forum and helpful, accepting group of people. Even drifting in and out of being a regular poster for the last 3 years, I've made friends in this hobby that I've kept up with, because of the connection formed here.

ย 

I've learned so much and grown so much in this hobby- congratulations on founding such a wonderful site!ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 6

Crap... I am so old.. hah! Without this forum I probably would not be in this hobby and I definitely wouldn't have a cold water reef tank in the middle of wisconsin. This forum has taught me so much.

ย 

Guys... I didn't even know where to buy RO water from...ย :lol:ย  ... ofc now we use distilled ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

image.thumb.png.e7915bd91bdad27fb0e18d5a640e76de.png

ย 

ย 

ย 

I can't find a pic of my very first tank (Aquapod 12g) when I actually had coral in it. Here are some random early days pics.. what a hot mess ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

DSCN1728.jpg

ย 

DSCN2067.jpg

ย 

Dirtytank.jpg

ย 

• Like 10

I've only been at this a short time, but this site has been invaluable.ย  Even when I don't have issues I'm working through I love surfing the threads and admiring so many different tanks and great conversations.ย  Congrats.ย  Happy Birthday.

IMG_9926.JPG.f4c3ab49c5a749b6dd4cf68d6bec3ce8.JPG

IMG_9879.JPG

• Like 9
NaturallyKait

I like how supportive people are of newbies. I joined 8 years ago but only just got my first tank up this week. Everyone is so helpful.ย 

• Like 6

one of my first and favorite nanos.ย 

I learned to take precautions for hitchhikers in this tank. It filled up with red flatworms.ย 

You can see them on the glass. It ended up messing up a lot of things when I tried treating the tank.ย 

ย 

ย 

10 Gallon Nuvo Fish Tank.jpg

• Like 6

What I remember most fondly of nano-reef, is our communities perseverance to band together and stay strong. Many of times, China tried to invade and sell us baskets, but we came out ontop every time through the report function that chris always responds to almost instantly.ย 

ย 

Seriously, I wouldnt be back here year after year if we didnt have a (mostly, it's still the internet) community of people WANTING to help.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

Happy Birthday N-R, and thank you Christopher Marks for starting such a cool community of nano reefers.ย 

ย 

I found this site in 2012 when I was full time caring for my husband's mother in our home.ย  It was a lonely time for me because I could not leave her.ย  Also her care was demanding so I sold my 125 gallon and 90 gallon aquariums before any of my animals got sick because I could not care for them properly.ย  My husband did not want me to stop completely in a hobby I loved so he talked me into doing a smaller aquarium, a 36 gallon bowfront seahorse tank.ย  Never having a smaller tank, this site helped me with some of the challenges, (although 36 gallons is almost not nano, ha ha!).ย  Also so many of you followed along as I attempted and mostly successfully raised seahorse fry.ย  It was awesome to have so many rooting for my little ponies.ย I learned so much from so many folks.

Eventually that 36 gallon bowfront was a TOTM feature which was a lot of fun.

• Like 14

I'm super thankful for all the work that's been put in here, and for all the advice that's been doled out.ย 

ย 

Here's a picture of the first scape I made, submitted in the aquascaping forum.

257634230_IMG_20180909_160136085(1).thumb.jpg.9923a5022771ed7debd468517e7fbf24.jpg

ย 

After a lot of advice andย critiques, this is what I have 7 months later!ย :lol:

IMG_20190423_133151585.thumb.jpg.e8ec06d9186b3daf73c456341a1266e1.jpg

ย 

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the community here, and happy birthday to Nano-reef!

• Like 8

I know you can't believe it but wow its came a long way and I can't believe I have been a member for as long as I have.ย 

ย 

ย I have definitely learned a lot and met a bunch of awesome people. If I win a pack I would be so ecstatic !!!ย 

ย 

ย Here is a shot of my last tank:

ย 

20171121_164314.jpg

• Like 5

That awesome itโ€™s been around so long. Nano-Reef is how I got into the hobby. Reading people builds and getting inspired to take the leap and start my first tank. Granted it was not the best looking one, but Iย think Iโ€™ve come a long way since then. Thank you Nano-Reef!

ย 

ย 

0BFC19C5-A69C-4126-8487-80B61B101B69.jpeg

• Like 4
Kellie in CA

Well, you can see that I've been around here for quite a while.ย 

ย 

Just for fun I put my screenname in the search and read a bunch of old posts from when I first started. ย That was pretty hilarious.ย 

Apparently at one time Iย inherited a bunch of corals from a friend of my husband who had a chiller catch on fire.ย  I have no memory of this whatsoever.ย  Of course, I did divorce thatย guyย close toย 13 years ago, so....ย ย  LOLย 

• Haha 5

Happy birthday NR!ย  Congratulations on the huge milestone!

ย 

I would like to just bring up all of the helpful and passionate hobbyists that have been a critical part of my learning.ย  Setting up and maintaining a small ecosystem is no small feat but all of these conversations really have allowed me to remain engaged with reefing and hopefully leads to a long-term ability to remain in the hobby!

• Like 5

Happy 18th! I've been here for a year now so hoping to make lots more memories, but just want to say thanks to everyone for completely teaching me how to do this. I'mย proud to have learned and builtย so much in one year and grateful to this community for all of it. Now if I could only get rid of this outrageous algae, cyano, diatom, dino combination going on in my tank I will feel SERIOUSLY accomplished.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic