Cultivated Reef

Pistol shrimp and goby pairing

Lucasalc46

I just got a pistol shrimp after about a month of keeping just a yasha goby. They're in a 20 gallon and the goby never leaves his spot and always face the same way. Im pretty sure the shrimp is a couple inches away behind the goby in the same rock work. how do I get them to pair?

Thanks

lucas

21 minutes ago, Lucasalc46 said:

I just got a pistol shrimp after about a month of keeping just a yasha goby. They're in a 20 gallon and the goby never leaves his spot and always face the same way. Im pretty sure the shrimp is a couple inches away behind the goby in the same rock work. how do I get them to pair?

Thanks

lucas

Just let them do their thing. 😊

• Like 1

I have a yellow watchmen goby and 2 candy cane pistol shrimp in a 40g and they haven't paired after a couple months. They've interacted a bit and I've seen one of the pistols climb on the goby before, but they haven't paired. I guess you could add another pistol - maybe different type - if those 2 don't pair after a month or two since they're cheap and don't bother anything but as far as I'm concerned that's your only good option.