Top Shelf Aquatics

Mushroom's

NewbieBob

I have a rock with one large mushroom on it. My question is can I split this shroom in four while leaving it on the rock? And will those four parts grow into four new mushrooms

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 4/21/2019 at 1:02 AM, NewbieBob said:

I have a rock with one large mushroom on it. My question is can I split this shroom in four while leaving it on the rock? And will those four parts grow into four new mushrooms

Yea pretty much. Mushrooms can come back from the smallest piece. They are like the cockroaches of sea.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yea pretty much. Mushrooms can come back from the smallest piece. They are like the cockroaches of sea.

However, by doing this you are also inviting algae, bacteria, etc. into the party and may just end up killing it. Most mushrooms spread fairly quickly - just letting it grow is definitely the safest bet and will probably happen naturally faster than cutting it up without the risk of killing it. If you are just taking a scalpel to a mushroom established on rock and cutting it into 4 pieces and leaving it, you are not accomplishing anything and definitely slowing things down. The only reason to do this would be if you are saving one of them and selling the rest after they recover.

Also, the first time trying to cut up a softie you are probably going to do a hack job and make a mess of it - even more so if you are doing it on rock and not cutting off a tile or plug.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...