Top Shelf Aquatics

Proxo Fluval Evo 13.5

Proxo

Thanks for the help and comments people 🙂
Levels are pulling back slowly, nothing seems to have suffered apart from the pulsing xenia and maybe the hammer but i think he's just getting too much flow.

Well i got some good news though, i finally got my hands on an ai prime hd, find some settings now 😄

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Proxo said:

Thanks for the help and comments people 🙂
Levels are pulling back slowly, nothing seems to have suffered apart from the pulsing xenia and maybe the hammer but i think he's just getting too much flow.

Well i got some good news though, i finally got my hands on an ai prime hd, find some settings now 😄

Awesome! 

Im using the Dave saxby settings. Downloaded them via dropbox and then imported straight to the app. On 50% acclimatisation mode for a few weeks though.

since I got my prime, 2x clowns have jumped out, so I made a screen lid this weekend... I’ll get some pictures up on my thread and tag you in. 

16 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

Awesome! 

Im using the Dave saxby settings. Downloaded them via dropbox and then imported straight to the app. On 50% acclimatisation mode for a few weeks though.

since I got my prime, 2x clowns have jumped out, so I made a screen lid this weekend... I’ll get some pictures up on my thread and tag you in. 

Yeah i feared that, i'm sitting next to the tank most of the day and for now i'll throw the lid back on when i go to bed until i make something like you done in your thread.
Just finished playing around with the prime and before i even read your reply i also went with the saxby settings, just turned on the acclimation now.

Nice one 🙂 hope it goes well. 

I found that the first day or so everything was generally a bit grumpy, then all of a sudden it burst to life. My torch has gone massive and hammer has really opened up... I’m still batting a few bits of algae, but everything seems be doing well. Further to that, I picked up a tiny (maybe the size of a £2 coin) red bubble tip anemone and that’s doing well too. Unfortunately my two new clowns haven’t hosted it, but they’ve only been in a day and it is tiny haha 

Everything is grumpy in my tank anyway due to the water problems i had haha!! I must say the royal gramma looks beautiful under this light, its like it's spent the night at chernobly.
Coral #5 we'll call it from my list is opening very well. 

My noobness just googled that red bubble tip and i always wondered what that was, good pick - might have to get myself one in the future but i've still no idea where i'm going to put
all these zoanthid frags i got 😄

• Like 1

that's cool :) some neon glow is nice :) :)

I suppose there's worse things to have to decide than where to put an abundance of zoas :) I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics when you're back on track.

the bubble tip is good but they do have a mind of their own, and this one I have likes nothing more than taking place under my rock where I cant see it! :(

• Like 2

I just painted the back of the evo black, it's look good :D. Next job is making a cover yay for DIY time!
Also i found another damn aiptasia, it's under my acan 😞 you seen them cool lasers you can get to zap them? But i might just drop some superglue in the hole!

I'll grab some pictures in a few days as some of the coral on the frag plugs is on some rock then the plug so i'm going to chip it off the plug and start adding it to the rock 😮

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

I just painted the back of the evo black, it's look good :D. Next job is making a cover yay for DIY time!
Also i found another damn aiptasia, it's under my acan 😞 you seen them cool lasers you can get to zap them? But i might just drop some superglue in the hole!

I'll grab some pictures in a few days as some of the coral on the frag plugs is on some rock then the plug so i'm going to chip it off the plug and start adding it to the rock 😮

Lasers for Aiptasia?

TheKingInYellow
54 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Lasers for Aiptasia?

I just looked this up and yeah.  5W focusable laser = dead aiptasia.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

They are pretty interesting, there's a massive one in my LFS growing on their oversized reef tank.
I think i've got a laser somewhere that i bought illegally when i was younger, might have to try it out 😄

• Like 1

3 tries, 3 full battery charges - the 3 or 4 aiptasia I shot at look damaged, but I need a stronger laser. The one I used cooked some tentacles off of some of the aiptasia (not all), and I didn't hear any sizzling. The time it took with my laser was painful, but I will probably get a stronger one in the future for hard to reach spots. 

• Like 2

IF i can find it, the one i have might be too strong, i'll try it on some old glass first if that test passes i'll try it on this aiptasia then i'll get back to you...

• Like 1

Well i turned my crib upside down looking for this laser with no luck 😞 it must be at the ex girlfriends house ouch.
So i just epoxy the aiptasia into his hole, that should do the trick right? 😮

Water params still are low but they're creeping back up, i've had some slight growth on the new zoa frags and while playing with the aiptasia i noticed the acan has a few new heads.
The 5# coral that i still need ID on has been growing crazy, i'll try grab some pics soon, the tank is backwards at the moment as i was painting the back black lol.

• Like 2
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, Proxo said:

Well i turned my crib upside down looking for this laser with no luck 😞 it must be at the ex girlfriends house ouch.
So i just epoxy the aiptasia into his hole, that should do the trick right? 😮

Water params still are low but they're creeping back up, i've had some slight growth on the new zoa frags and while playing with the aiptasia i noticed the acan has a few new heads.
The 5# coral that i still need ID on has been growing crazy, i'll try grab some pics soon, the tank is backwards at the moment as i was painting the back black lol.

good job on the growth :) what's next?! ?! :lol:

Thanks 😄 I'm getting algae growth like crazy since i've got this prime so i'll have to tackle that and i think my emerald crab died 😞 or molted and hiding pretty good idk.
I've been a little lazy lately so today is clean up day 😞 - I think i need something else in this tank though but i'm not a big fan of cleaner shrimp.

1 hour ago, Proxo said:

Thanks 😄 I'm getting algae growth like crazy since i've got this prime so i'll have to tackle that and i think my emerald crab died 😞 or molted and hiding pretty good idk.
I've been a little lazy lately so today is clean up day 😞 - I think i need something else in this tank though but i'm not a big fan of cleaner shrimp.

Ah no, hope it turns up safe and well! 

Funnily enough, the bloke in my LFS said my algae growth would be crazy when I put my prime on, but it never really happened. I just got a bit of red which was there before anyway. 

What do you use for filtration, media wise? 

Ive got a cleaner in there, he does a good job 🙂 

Crab is alive and back to knocking all my frags over 😄
I'm getting some pretty bad hair algae, mind you it doesn't look so bad compared to my super green freshwater tank that's next to the window 😄

I sorted the back chamber flow, i had so much seachem de-nitrate in there it was backing up 😄 removed about 70% of it now my nitrates are under control.
I'm currently using for media, filter floss, small sponge at top of basket so i can rinse often, phosguard, purigen, chemipure elite, bio matrix, de-nitrate. 

Just now, Ratvan said:

How are the corals after the water change fiasco?

Tbh mate, they've been fine even had a little growth - the only one that seemed to suffer was the pulsing xenia.
The water still isn't back up perfectly but it's getting there, i did a water change today so need to test again.

• Like 1