inTank Media Baskets

Proxo Fluval Evo 13.5

Proxo

That big zoa i have is suffering like mad, i see some kind of "spike/tunnel" with some fluffy kind of thing coming out (looks like a skinny pulsing xenia tbh)
also some aptasia, i don't think much of it will survive - the rock it's on fits so well in my scape so i'll leave it for now, worst comes to worse i'll frag some off.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2019 at 4:50 AM, Proxo said:

That big zoa i have is suffering like mad, i see some kind of "spike/tunnel" with some fluffy kind of thing coming out (looks like a skinny pulsing xenia tbh)
also some aptasia, i don't think much of it will survive - the rock it's on fits so well in my scape so i'll leave it for now, worst comes to worse i'll frag some off.

Get a pic, sounds interesting. Probably expelling its zoanthella (sp).

• Like 1
On 7/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, Garf said:

Get a pic, sounds interesting. Probably expelling its zoanthella (sp).

I will try but the weird thing is whatever it is the zoa's next to that and the aptasia actually open.. the zoa's on the other side of the rock ain't opened in about 3 days.
BUT;
I got fed up of having big fish food tubs knocking around so i bought some little jars, some knife kit and that thing you linked me a while back @Garf :D, i spend when i'm bored lol.

P_20190723_153203.jpg

• Like 1

Nice. I was looking the other night, and saw some digital hydroids, they look pretty cool. They are pretty long, and weird looking. I hear they will come and go, so not worried too much about them. I have had good results using AptasiaX to get rid of one aptasia on my rock. The other one was removed outside of the tank, it was on a frag plug, which I then super glued over the area. I have been lucky with pests so far. my one tiny patch of hair algae seems to be hanging around. I pulled on it a bit the other week, then I saw my blenny munching on it and a hermit.  

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure i have feather dusters growing inside my "main" zoa. Still fighting the hair algae but it's a lot better than it was.
Today i moved some coral off their frags and onto the rock work, i'm still unsure on the gsp location, might be okay once the xenia grows up some?
I know i'll regret putting the gsp and xenia on the main rock work in the future :D!

Not sure on the kenya location either, the spikey thing no idea where to put, there's some mushrooms behind it too.
Think i might do an acan garden in the bottom left, but it does pretty well where it is now (bottom right).

I'm open to ALL suggestions here 😄

P.S Big thank you to @Ratvan for the coral i've named "the gift" 😄 

Idk.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Ratvan Here's a close up i forgot to post.
It's a yuma, right? Ah man now i've put all the corals on the rock work i just want it to grow, can i feed them weetabix ?

DSC_0510.JPG

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Proxo said:

@Ratvan Here's a close up i forgot to post.
It's a yuma, right? Ah man now i've put all the corals on the rock work i just want it to grow, can i feed them weetabix ?

DSC_0510.JPG

Yeah "Green" Yuma. Looks nice they sulk and wander as well btw.

50 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Yeah "Green" Yuma. Looks nice they sulk and wander as well btw.

What you mean by wander, it got legs? am i gonna wake up with it on my eyes? 😄

• Haha 1

I know the top one is a hammer but would you guys say this is a purple/green torch? I thought it was maybe a frogspawn when i first got it but it was very small back then and i don't see much
of the 'branching' kind of looks like a hammer to me idk 😄 I ask as i kind of want to fill that area of the tank with hammer,torch,frog.

P.s if you look close at the hammer you can see my emerald crab hugging it on the left, he's always up there recently lol.

19.7_19.JPG.0e16d6a7bbfddaa6d8d796ed09688e60.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i've been ill so the tank has been super neglected, i've had some growth on other corals but that main zoa i had is next to nothing now.
I took it out the tank today to have a proper look and what i thought was the sand sticking to my nice hair algae that's came back due to neglect there's
some sort of white' snail type tubes and also 1 long one that looks like the hulks vein. 

I inspected the coral for about 20min under magnifying glass wasn't until i added coral dip that massive bristleworm (it is a briste, right? XD) popped out.
Just goes to show how sneaky they are if 20min with a magnifying glass and i didn't see it.

DSC_0507.JPG

• Like 1

Could my toadstool leather coral possibly be the reason my corals are suffering lately? 
I read they can have out some toxins in the water. My acan is looking a little rough now too 😞

I could run some carbon to counter it maybe? 

• Like 2

Bought the tunze 3155 ato as i was sick of topping off tank. But man i wish i got all this stuff and wired it in BEFORE i got the tank and built the desk 😞

• Like 1
15 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

Haha I know how you feel mate. Mines on my kitchen side with no way to get anything under it... although I am eyeing up a reefer 250

I've got a gaming PC and freshwater tank cables behind there too, i got so stressed trying to get the ATO cables through it all i kid you not, i stamped my feet like a 2 year old in anger 😂

• Haha 3

Good news; since the ATO my water params have been more stable and the dying zoa seems to be opening a little more than before.
I've had 3 new heads on another zoa frag and i was tempted to move it but it seems to have spread to the rock work so i'll leave it be.

The bad news; my emerald crab has been a nightmare, he's managed to remove a few coral frags that have been glued or epoxy'd 
so i've glued and epoxy'd them, the bad news really is the green yuma that @Ratvan was kind enough to send has gone missing :(.

New phone is here soon so i'll grab some snaps as i could do with some tips on coral placement, 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Well i've ordered some coral;
Bowerbanki Green Rim and a Micromussa.

Now if i'm correct, these are the same family (acan) so they'll be okay pretty close to each other? 

• Like 2

Algae problem seems to be under control, just waiting for MORE CORAL.
The mushroom rock on bottom left is wrong way around at moment due to me finding that aptasia 😄
P_20190824_161121_vHDR_Auto_HP.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty much yeah, good few small regular water changes, switched to chemipure blue and pulled alga off with tweezers, scrubbed with tooth brush etc..
It's all back now coz i had a lazy few week 😞

• Like 2