Coral Vue Hydros

Coral ID please

Amrik443

So i picked up an awesome cyphastrea christmas tree worm rock the other day and it came with another coral attached to it, i suspect it is a rock flower anemone but im not 100% sure. Any input is much appreciated 🙂 

IMG-2214.thumb.JPG.e9a26592b534f9b37f37366d8c918b0e.JPG  

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Amrik443 said:

So i picked up an awesome cyphastrea christmas tree worm rock the other day and it came with another coral attached to it, i suspect it is a rock flower anemone but im not 100% sure. Any input is much appreciated 🙂 

IMG-2214.thumb.JPG.e9a26592b534f9b37f37366d8c918b0e.JPG  

Thats what it looks like. An awesome hitchhiker to get. 😄

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Thats what it looks like. An awesome hitchhiker to get. 😄

3 hours ago, Joevember said:

Looks like a rock flower. Nice find 👌

thats awesome to hear, thanks guys😊

• Like 1
On 4/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, Zane W said:

Luckyy

It really is! The Christmas tree worm rock they came on is an absolute beauty as well.

IMG-2216.thumb.JPG.cfa769b6b4da595fc748123d1af4b29e.JPGIMG-2217.thumb.JPG.2dafafaac59ecb7a69ae7d87f0a36efc.JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Wow... nice triple-score there - a non-ugly coral colony, nice mix of worm colors AND a rock flower anemone.  Some reefers have all the luck!  ;)

I tried a christmas tree rock in my tank, but the lighting levels I run at for my rock flower anemones and blastos doesn't seem to be up to snuff for keeping porites happy.  But I can't seem to keep cyphastrea from going bonkers, though.  If you don't mind my asking, did you order this online, or just a crazy lucky local find?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, BulkRate said:

Wow... nice triple-score there - a non-ugly coral colony, nice mix of worm colors AND a rock flower anemone.  Some reefers have all the luck!  😉

I tried a christmas tree rock in my tank, but the lighting levels I run at for my rock flower anemones and blastos doesn't seem to be up to snuff for keeping porites happy.  But I can't seem to keep cyphastrea from going bonkers, though.  If you don't mind my asking, did you order this online, or just a crazy lucky local find?

Hey sorry for the late reply,

I ordered this online as i couldnt find any local places in the UK that had the worm rocks, the pictures online didnt show the rock flowers though so it was an awesome surprise when they acclimated and opened up.

2 minutes ago, Amrik443 said:

Hey sorry for the late reply,

I ordered this online as i couldnt find any local places in the UK that had the worm rocks, the pictures online didnt show the rock flowers though so it was an awesome surprise when they acclimated and opened up.

Wow. What a haul

Where did you order from? I'm UK based too and on the lookout for new shops to try.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Wow. What a haul

Where did you order from? I'm UK based too and on the lookout for new shops to try.

I ordered this beauty from Charterhouse Aquatics in April, if you havnt tried them for livestock yet I cannot recommend them enough, everything ive ordered has arrived super healthy😃

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Hey, I know this is kinda old, but I was wondering how this worked out. Did the RFA and cyphastrea have any complaints about each other, try to spread onto each other, or did they just sit there? Thinking of trying to 'fence in' a patch of cyphastrea with RFAs so it can't go everywhere, but not sure which of the two would win in a turf war.