Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’m SOOOOO excited I finally got my gorgeous leopard and man is be beautiful!!!!!!! Now THIS is Astro!

F027B5AE-C45A-4AFC-84E6-8884508EC077.jpeg

wow, that's so pretty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay so got the new wrasse into the tank and got maybe two pictures of him before he buried himself, the turd. He is a gorgeous thing though. Altuve seemed a bit offended that I was messing around with his kingdom today... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Gorgeous fish, the markings look insane under lights. 

Shipped with sand in the bag? 

Yes! I was a little impressed that they’d think of that to make the fish comfortable. Pretty cool— he definitely kept burying part of himself in his little bed while acclimating. 

All the fish from that company shipped beautifully and were well packaged- all super healthy. @StinkyBunny recommended a great company!

Aquariumfishsale.com by the way. 

• Like 4
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yes! I was a little impressed that they’d think of that to make the fish comfortable. Pretty cool— he definitely kept burying part of himself in his little bed while acclimating. 

All the fish from that company shipped beautifully and were well packaged- all super healthy. @StinkyBunny recommended a great company!

Aquariumfishsale.com by the way. 

That is a really classy touch

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

wow, that's so pretty

Isn’t he though! I was impressed how vivid he is. He is literally Astros colors. Even my husband was impressed. 

35 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

nice fish! I just love mine 🙂 

I’m so pumped to finally have one. I sure hope he does well. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Okay so got the new wrasse into the tank and got maybe two pictures of him before he buried himself, the turd. He is a gorgeous thing though. Altuve seemed a bit offended that I was messing around with his kingdom today... 

Maybe Altuve feels like you’re cheating on him?

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Isn’t he though! I was impressed how vivid he is. He is literally Astros colors. Even my husband was impressed. 

I’m so pumped to finally have one. I sure hope he does well. 

I checked out that site as well. I liked some of the stuff they have. Glad everything came in good shape.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Maybe Altuve feels like you’re cheating on him?

No he’s mostly just a big turd. Occasionally he gets a bug up his butt and spits sand at the clowns, and he HATES me trying to take his picture. He’ll come posture at me and soon as the phone comes out he runs off. Or goes to sit in the darkest place possible. 

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I checked out that site as well. I liked some of the stuff they have. Glad everything came in good shape.

It was affordable, good shipping and they worked with me about shipping day so I could be home. I recommend these people, and If I need something in the future I’ll look at their shop again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, as usual when I’m at work something bad happens to one of the tanks. The brand new leopard wrasse died sometime between 5am and 11am this morning,

or at least that’s when it was unearthed. Husband found it nibbled on😢. Devastated- I so wanted that fish to do well. Not sure why it died; it seemed good on arrival and acclimated well, didn’t seem stressed when I put it in the tank. Acted like I expected it to, even though I was disappointed it buried itself. So bummed. 

image.gif.98c47d6ab051b887d820469674116ce2.gif

• Sad 7
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Sorry for your loss 😞 These fish are poor shippers, they stress easily. Do you have a LFS you can get one from? 

Yes but he doesn’t always have them. I ordered a bunch of inverts and a blue mushroom for the challenge tank from the same company- I hope that when they process it tomorrow they can maybe just replace the fish. 

• Like 1

Leopard wrasses are very sensitive, unfortunately. Even my LFS had trouble keeping the ones they brought in alive for more than a few days. The fish either perished prematurely because they jumped out of the holding tanks or didn't eat. Very sorry to hear about your fish, though. She was very pretty. 😞 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Leopard wrasses are very sensitive, unfortunately. Even my LFS had trouble keeping the ones they brought in alive for more than a few days. The fish either perished prematurely because they jumped out of the holding tanks or didn't eat. Very sorry to hear about your fish, though. She was very pretty. 😞 

She looked so good in the bag and during acclimation! I thought it was gonna go fine though you’re always nervous when they bury themselves that they may not come back out. At least it wasn’t my tank chemistry. Still a bummer.

• Sad 4

So the sales people agreed to send a replacement wrasse!! One more chance to get it right! I highly recommend AquariumFishSale.com— they’ve worked me on both of these orders and have been so nice. Definitely a good group. 

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So the sales people agreed to send a replacement wrasse!! One more chance to get it right! I highly recommend AquariumFishSale.com— they’ve worked me on both of these orders and have been so nice. Definitely a good group. 

Good news.

You dont have a QT tank do you? I monitored both of mine for 10 days before adding to the Display, just to make sure that they were eating and get them to start taking pellets and Flake

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Good news.

You dont have a QT tank do you? I monitored both of mine for 10 days before adding to the Display, just to make sure that they were eating and get them to start taking pellets and Flake

I do I just hate setting it up. And the last few times I’ve done a long drip acclimation then added the fish like WV does. I don’t really have the space for a QT tank unless it’s an emergency 

• Like 2
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

I do I just hate setting it up. And the last few times I’ve done a long drip acclimation then added the fish like WV does. I don’t really have the space for a QT tank unless it’s an emergency 

Drip acclimate? I've only ever done that with Shrimp

Temp match and drop into QT, keep at same levels as DT

Breeder box with sandbed?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Drip acclimate? I've only ever done that with Shrimp

Temp match and drop into QT, keep at same levels as DT

Breeder box with sandbed?

I may this time. That’s how I got my yellow wrasse in, allowed me to watch it more closely.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I never drip fish.....only time I would consider acclimating is if salinity is much lower.

They get a float and a plop.

Yeah that’s what WV says too, but soon as I pulled the new wrasse out of the box today, I knew I was in trouble. He was not swimming quite right and already looked distressed. We haven’t improved much but I broke down and put him in the QT tank— @Ratvan jinxed me ☹️

• Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yeah that’s what WV says too, but soon as I pulled the new wrasse out of the box today, I knew I was in trouble. He was not swimming quite right and already looked distressed. We haven’t improved much but I broke down and put him in the QT tank— @Ratvan jinxed me ☹️

😞 you already got a replacement? 

9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

😞 you already got a replacement? 

They sent me one only because I’d ordered inverts and a coral for the challenge tank, and because they could stick in with that shipment. This one arrived kind of floating straight up and down in the bag, not as vigorous as the other, with one eye damaged. And in the bag while dripping a bit of my water in he’s been lying upside down or on his side. He’s a bit more vigorous in the QT tank with more room but still acting a little upside floaty. 

• Wow 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon